• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

FALLOUT 4

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
My copy unlocks in 5 hours! Who else is playing?!

á´…eparted

passages
I am super excited! I haven't played any of the previous fallout games, but I love what Bethesda does so I got it. I'll be going home in a few hours to play :D.

Vorthos

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
A part of me wants to wait until it drops slightly in price, but I've been anticipating this game for so long, I don't know how much longer I'll be able to wait. Let me know how good it is! If it's really good, I might just relent and buy it now.

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
9gag is full of Fallout4 posts. Is it worth playing? I haven't played a video game in over 15 years though.

Age of empires is the last game I have played.

á´…eparted

passages
The game is good, but I am not sure how much I will like it. I'm not all that into the whole post-apocylpse trope (never have been).

Also (contains VERY minor spoilers from like the first 20 minutes of the game):

Sorry, but those are three big plot nopes for me. I'm not sure how I will like the game, but I'm giving it a long term chance. Here's to hoping I can take things in another direction and ignore all that stuff!

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
My game unlocked about 2 hours ago. Unfortunately I had to shower and finish homework/readings for my morning class. I have to sleep now, so I haven't been able to play just yet.

But there is also good news... my afternoon class tomorrow (and Thursday) is cancelled, and there is no school Wednesday, and this week is mostly tame homework-wise (just lots of readings), which means tomorrow after class I'm ready to play for hours and hours! Yay!

So far I know absolutely nothing about the game because I've managed to avoid spoilers. I'm so fucking pumped. My only justification for trying to sleep right now is so that I can mentally teleport to tomorrow and be closer to the time I can finally start playing.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
Keeps crashing for me so I went to bed. But I got it five hours before you, so I win something.

I think that's how it works.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I lack the proper hardware. Maybe in a few years when it's in the used bin and I finally own the proper system. I always play games 2-3 years after everyone else. The last game I got at time of release was Alien Isolation. I couldn't not play that immediately.

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I lack the proper hardware. Maybe in a few years when it's in the used bin and I finally own the proper system. I always play games 2-3 years after everyone else. The last game I got at time of release was Alien Isolation. I couldn't not play that immediately.

Sounds like me..... I just finally got around to playing Bioshock Infinite recently....

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Sounds like me..... I just finally got around to playing Bioshock Infinite recently....

Me too. It was fun, but I got a little bored toward the end. The story and the twist ending was okay but the gameplay became tedious and boring after a certain point.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
FINALLY able to play the game. I had a bit of an obvious problem hehe. Turns out I haven't updated my video card since... oh, 2009. But that never occurred to me because I could run Skyrim high resolution pack on the highest setting with no problems. RIP old video card, you served me well in your time. I was able to persuade my... ahem... benefactor to purchase me a new video card. Some real state of the art shit too. Whereas before the game wouldn't even start, now I can run it on ultra. (Once I have money again I should probably up my ram and upgrade my processor too... yeesh.)

But after all that trouble, I can finally play. And I must say. This game... is... AWESOME! I had managed to avoid all spoilers. ALL of them. I knew absolutely nothing going in except what I saw from the trailer. I'm so pleasantly fucking surprised.

It would be cool if, eventually, all of us playing uploaded screenies of our characters or something.

Swivelinglight

Permabanned
But after all that trouble, I can finally play. And I must say. This game... is... AWESOME! I had managed to avoid all spoilers. ALL of them. I knew absolutely nothing going in except what I saw from the trailer. I'm so pleasantly fucking surprised.

Yeah it's so much better when you avoid learning too much about a game before launch. It's why I REALLY want to ask you about certain things regarding the game but I will resist doing so. It's good to know that it's good, though. I wonder if it'll be on sale for steam's winter sale.....

Proctor

MBTI Type
INTJ
FINALLY able to play the game. I had a bit of an obvious problem hehe. Turns out I haven't updated my video card since... oh, 2009. But that never occurred to me because I could run Skyrim high resolution pack on the highest setting with no problems. RIP old video card, you served me well in your time. I was able to persuade my... ahem... benefactor to purchase me a new video card. Some real state of the art shit too. Whereas before the game wouldn't even start, now I can run it on ultra. (Once I have money again I should probably up my ram and upgrade my processor too... yeesh.)

It would be cool if, eventually, all of us playing uploaded screenies of our characters or something.

I had managed to avoid all spoilers up to the launch also. That is until I read a single review which ruined the first hour of the game. And all without the slightest warning. Won't be frequenting that site again.

Really enjoying myself so far, though I haven't been able to spare much time for it. Will be impatiently waiting for the day's end so I can go home and play some more. My first act will be to craft an electrified police baton and beat some raiders mercilessly.

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I own the Xbox One version of the game and I just dipped my toe into the game. About 3 hours or so in and overall I can tell I'm going to enjoy the game immensely.

My thoughts thus far I will put in spoiler tags

Overall, I can easily see myself sinking hours and hours into the game.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'm having a lot of fun with it so far. I've probably put in less time than most since launch (between 8-9 hours), but I've still only barely scratched the surface. Also, I know a lot of people complain about Dogmeat, but I actually like having him around. Sometimes when I'm up against tough enemies or crawling around underground alone I get kind of nervous (ridiculous, it's just a game, I know), but having Dogmeat around makes me feel more safe. It also prevents me from feeling kind of lonely which is also nice. Also... dat inv space. Does Dogmeat's inventory ever get full?!

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I hope this isn't too much of a "spoiler" - the floating backpack glitch.

flying backpack.jpg

Courtesy of Penguinz0.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Update on my adventures! I did what [MENTION=8485]tinker683[/MENTION] did and spent like an hour just tearing everything in Sanctuary down and built it up a bit. It only has the bare essentials so far, but I eventually plan to perfect it.

I'm level 10 now, almost 11. Did a minuteman quest today. I really need to finish everything else I started and narrow down my active quests list... I still haven't even gone to Diamond City :laugh:

Edit: I almost forgot! I had no idea Codsworth had a name bank of like 984 names. It didn't even occur to me until like the 10th time it happened that when he called me "Mister Riley" the "Riley" was voiced LOL.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I think I'm going to turn that gas station place by Sanctuary into my official base of operations.