• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Wii

Martoon

perdu fleur par bologne
MBTI Type
INTP
What games should I get for our new Wii?
Super Mario Galaxy. It's Miyamoto doing that thing he does so well. He's always gotten the idea that playing a game should be like playing. As in, when you're feeling playful. Or when you go outside to play as a kid.

Seriously. If you rent the game, I'd be very, very surprised if you didn't buy it. Personally, it's the only reason I'd consider a Wii. And I've actually considered one, just for that game alone.

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
Depends what sort of fun you are after. If it's shared entertainment, the Mario Party and Wario games are good. As is the big brain quiz one (I forget the name...)

More than anything I find myself going back to a quick 30 minutes of the sports games with friends/family for fun. Doubles tennis etc is lots of fun.

Falcarius

The Unwieldy Clawed One
MBTI Type
COOL
As Geoff said it depends really what type of game you like.

At the moment I play Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Excite Truck, Super Paper Mario, Super Mario Galaxy, and Mario Kart the most.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Thanks, y'all! I'm looking up your suggestions.

I do think I'm gonna need some form of Mario, for sure. I'm really digging Guitar Hero.

Does anyone have Wii Fit? I'm trying to figure out if it's worth the money.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Super Mario Galaxy.

That game rocks. It's the first game my son got.

The music and graphics are just so awesome, I was very impressed. I was dozing on the sofa nearby the night he first played it, and it was like a pleasant acid trip floating around the galaxy.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl

I saw that one too, very cool. :)

Recoleta

No me digas, che!
MBTI Type
ISXJ
I've always been a Mario Kart fan, and the other day I played it for the first time on the Wii, and I loved it...great fun! Also, while I do like Guitar Hero, I almost feel that Rock Band is a good choice as well. Rock band allows you to play with more people and vary the instruments; although, I actually prefer the songs on Guitar Hero to the ones on Rock Band. Another plus to Rock Band is that it doesn't make my eyes hurt as much as Guitar Hero. When you play Guitar Hero for awhile, and you look away from the screen it looks like everything in the room is doing "the wave" -- I haven't experienced that with Rock Band though.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The most fun games I've played on our Wii are: Mario Kart, Super Smash Bros., and Guitar Hero III.