User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    XNXP

I began my VU experience as a young man with the "Live at Max's Kansas City" album, and all I remember liking much on that was "Sweet Jane", and it was the first time I heard them do it. I had already heard Mick Ralph's version on Mott The Hoople's "All The Young Dudes" and it was interesting to see the differences. I bought the "Transformer" solo album and liked it a lot. Then I went and bought the first solo and I only liked the song "Wild Child". I bought a few more solos after that, but I was starting to feel his best days were over until the live album with Steve Hunter and Dick Wagner came out. The sequel from that same concert was good, too. I bought my last LR album with the "Blue Mask" ( with the exception of some later live albums ) or the album "Street Hassle" ( whichever came later ) although I'd always go see him when he came around to Chicago. There was an old double vinyl live VU album that had "What Goes On" and some longer versions of old songs that were pretty good on it, but I guess I enjoyed the solo careers of Cale and Lou more than the earlier stuff. Lou hasn't rocked my world much lately, but there is a new band called the Warlocks that sounds a lot like the best of the VU, if you want a 00's version of that sound.
    YouTube - the warlocks-baby blue
    YouTube - the Warlocks - Surgery

Best "different" Lou song - "All Through The Night" off of "The Bells" album.
    "The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them that they are being attacked and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."
    Reichsfuhrer Herman Goering at the Nuremburg trials.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by kuranes View Post
    I began my VU experience as a young man with the "Live at Max's Kansas City" album, and all I remember liking much on that was "Sweet Jane", and it was the first time I heard them do it. I had already heard Mick Ralph's version on Mott The Hoople's "All The Young Dudes" and it was interesting to see the differences. I bought the "Transformer" solo album and liked it a lot. Then I went and bought the first solo and I only liked the song "Wild Child". I bought a few more solos after that, but I was starting to feel his best days were over until the live album with Steve Hunter and Dick Wagner came out. The sequel from that same concert was good, too. I bought my last LR album with the "Blue Mask" ( with the exception of some later live albums ) or the album "Street Hassle" ( whichever came later ) although I'd always go see him when he came around to Chicago. There was an old double vinyl live VU album that had "What Goes On" and some longer versions of old songs that were pretty good on it, but I guess I enjoyed the solo careers of Cale and Lou more than the earlier stuff. Lou hasn't rocked my world much lately, but there is a new band called the Warlocks that sounds a lot like the best of the VU, if you want a 00's version of that sound.
    YouTube - the warlocks-baby blue
    YouTube - the Warlocks - Surgery

Best "different" Lou song - "All Through The Night" off of "The Bells" album.
    I like The Warlocks a lot, although they lean more toward the psychedelic, heavy shoegazer side of things.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"