• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The TypoC Gallery - share your art!

I figured since it's his birthday today and the one year anniversary of his death is in two days, I've decided it's probably the right time to show my oil painting of David Bowie that I made over six months ago. This will be excessively corny and dramatic, so beware if heavy Fi writing makes you cringe. :p

I never wanted to do a famous celebrity portrait before because I'm not very fond of many in general. However, Bowie was different because his music really was a large part of my life and was what kept me somewhat sane throughout my lonely, depressed teenage years. I would listen to him almost everyday for years and he was my first introduction to other various forms of music. It killed me inside when I heard he died, but I didn't even think twice and got started on a painting as soon after I was finished with another.

I rarely show my artwork to people, especially in it's entirety because I am very self-critical and feel extremely vulnerable when I do, but I hate having to see it just hang in a room by itself, especially on a day like today. It took me five excruciatingly long months to finish it, and it was one of the hardest paintings I've ever done. It is no where near perfect, but it is as close as I could get it to be with all of the references I've collected. It includes Bowie in three various stages of his life, the most famous being Ziggy Stardust and the Thin White Duke, while the third is him as an older man. I went over the older face more than 100 times trying to get it right, but it still isn't how I wish it could have came out even with exact measurements recorded, as any bit that's off really messes up his face and I feel that especially with the third face and overall proportions in general, but alas, I had to move onto other projects.

Additionally, it includes some of my favorite songs listed, but from bad planning on my part I sadly didn't have a lot of room to include more of his newer ones. Sorry, I'm very nitpicky on this stuff because I only see the flaws where I could have improved and I drive myself insane over it. It's a bad habit. :doh:

Anyways, this is it. It is oil on a 36" x 36" canvas. It is very special to me and I will be devastated once I have to give it away.

View attachment 17640

And because why not, a little painting of him I did recently on an old military jacket. It's Aladdin Sane painted with acrylic, metallic gold, nail polish, and glitter. :)

View attachment 17641

Additionally for viewing pleasure, one of my favorite David Bowie songs of all time (it is impossible to choose). The part at 3:33 to the end always gets me. Gosh, I am such a sap. :violin:

[MENTION=26281]geedoenfj[/MENTION] was also waiting to see me post here, so I have to let her know. :tongue:

geedoenfj

The more you know..
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=27809]Stargaze[/MENTION] Finally! :happy2: These are very beautiful works, the painting of the skin and the shading of it is what first captured my attention I love it, and that is a lovely jacket! I think the color of the jacket was just the right choice, I don't think it would turn out to look that good with any other color :)
This is a lovely song! I also liked the music of it.. It's nice that you're painting your favorite singer, I don't have a favorite singer :laugh: maybe except for MJ and Keith Urban when I was a teenager..

[MENTION=27809]Stargaze[/MENTION] Finally! :happy2: These are very beautiful works, the painting of the skin and the shading of it is what first captured my attention I love it, and that is a lovely jacket! I think the color of the jacket was just the right choice, I don't think it would turn out to look that good with any other color :)
This is a lovely song! I also liked the music of it.. It's nice that you're painting your favorite singer, I don't have a favorite singer :laugh: maybe except for MJ and Keith Urban when I was a teenager..

Oh gee, thank you! :blush: Yeah the gold color of the jacket looks a lot more yellow in the picture than in real life. I'm not a fan of yellow tones, but I wanted to add some shimmer to it. :tongue: I love a lot of musicians, but I decided to do Bowie because his death really hit me. I kind of feel ridiculous having painted a celebrity, haha. But thanks again. :) Maybe I'll post sometime in the future again...

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
I feel rather strange sharing anything that I have created, but here goes...

I painted for like... 5 minutes, and then stopped for some reason. I had no prior experience, so forgive my lack of technical expertise (amount of paint used, technique, the fact that that one dog has fucking eyebrows... that sort of thing). I should also sketch more and really only do it once or twice a year when the mood strikes.

I have been beautifying dogs for 11 years. I'm pretty good at it, if I do say so myself. I guess I should be by now :shrug: I'd say it's an art - I mean, not everyone can give a dog a mohawk.

I also enjoy a bit of photography, but I lack an actual camera and am limited to my phone.

Here is an old photo of myself circa 10 years ago that I edited with some ancient photoshop software. I like editing photos and using filters, but I'm not really into anything more technical than that.

I'm not nearly as talented as the rest of you, probably because I lack the ambition to hone in on my skills and have the attention span of gnat.

You know what I think this thread needs more of? Beside entries in general. Music. I want to see singers and musicians. Post your videos :)

Lia_kat

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
[MENTION=27809]Stargaze[/MENTION], that painting of Bowie is breathtaking. I love it!! :wubbie: Your patience and mastery of oil is something I don't have and it's quite admirable.
I relate to being self-critical of your work too. I overthink and pick at every little thing and it drives me insane, but I think all artists suffer from that perfectionism.
Also, I think you have something wonderful to give the art world. I would love to see more!

[MENTION=27809]Stargaze[/MENTION], that painting of Bowie is breathtaking. I love it!! :wubbie: Your patience and mastery of oil is something I don't have and it's quite admirable.
I relate to being self-critical of your work too. I overthink and pick at every little thing and it drives me insane, but I think all artists suffer from that perfectionism.
Also, I think you have something wonderful to give the art world. I would love to see more!

Wow, thank you!!! Yeah, that perfectionistic streak can be a real pain at times. It could be an ISFP thing too, having to nitpick at the smallest details and all. :wink:

Your photography and collages are magnificent as well!! They remind me of 1920s and 1930s surrealism, but with a gothic edge. :wubbie:

I may show more sometime and thank you for that compliment! I would love to see more of your artwork too!!

Lia_kat

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Wow, thank you!!! Yeah, that perfectionistic streak can be a real pain at times. It could be an ISFP thing too, having to nitpick at the smallest details and all. :wink:

Your photography and collages are magnificent as well!! They remind me of 1920s and 1930s surrealism, but with a gothic edge. :wubbie:

I may show more sometime and thank you for that compliment! I would love to see more of your artwork too!!

You're most welcome!! I think because of our perfectionism, it's always important to compliment and let other artists know you like their work. It gives us a bit more hope and motivation. :heart:
It's funny you mentioned 1920s/30s surrealism because it's my biggest influence! I'm happy it shows in my work.:)
Please do show us some more art, I would love it!
And thank you for your compliments as well! :wubbie:

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Wow I didn't know everyone was so talented.

I just started my first drawing class so here it is: we were supposed to draw of what we took a photo of:

And what better motivation was to do one I really enjoy! :)

1nPXmrZ.jpg

I might decide to touch it up a bit though.

Caoimhin

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
9w1
Some new stuff. Mostly a bit of sketches to learn how to draw horns, fine-tune my style, and come
up with some new designs. Yes, that top looks very uncomfortable, but I just have a thing for... spheres.

16807143_10210528118456422_4187346893060993361_n.jpg

16486914_10210395937871990_6508320742080236023_o.jpg

14317426_10209033713137223_4625071890053474452_n.jpg

16641060_10210441019519003_2157299148942383025_n.jpg

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
These are not that artistic, but might be of interest.

Southern Norway.jpg
stave.jpg
bergen.jpg
solstice.jpg

Last edited:

The Cat

Just a Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads
Staff member
Greeting all those Titans of typology who are also awesome at art; turns out we've got you covered since 2013... So if you play with the pen, dabble with the brush, or sculpt, sew, hammer, however you make art; consider the Type OC Art Gallery your chance to share that which thy muse hath wrought... ^_^

Polaris

AKA Nunki
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm somewhat proud to say that I did these sketches with almost no experience:

magpie

Permabanned
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Most of these I did when I was a teen and most of them are also unfinished. I have little patience for fine art and realism bores me. That's why I always preferred acting.

qB4rFti.jpg

nQuZnRu.jpg

HGwDZgw.jpg

rDjEFj8.jpg

WWrY2Bd.jpg

71ner7U.jpg