• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Hockey

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
What are ya'lls predictions for conference finals?

Pens in 7/Wings in 6

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Well that was a pretty brutal spanking that Detroit delivered for game 5.

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Detroit is better than the sum of its parts. Their puck possession style is honed to near-perfection.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The Wings will ultimately triumph. Age and treachery over youth and enthusiasm.

Why do you think Sidney is so bad, Merc? I know Nick Lidstrom has him majorly out-classed at this time, but I'm just curious as to why you think he's so awful?

Lucifer

MBTI Type
ENTJ
I'm a little afraid of the Pens doing big things this season. Hesitant and undecided to establish the bet I used last season with one of my good friends who lives in Pittsburgh. His team takes the cup - I buy him a jersey/Sharks manage to take a Stanley - he buys me a jersey.

Hmmmm...yea I wouldn't take it.

Oh hush up. Sharks are gonna be BIG this season, just you wait and see it. :cheese:

I really don't think so, they don't have wilson no more.

We do...

Beat, take a good look.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
They won the President's trophy, their first season to win that honor. Technically, they did wonderful this "season". Post season is another matter and I prefer not to speak about it. :(

Lucifer

MBTI Type
ENTJ
It is going to be nice when the leafs do better then the sharks this year, so I can take this and quote it.

It was nice to see them lose to my second favourite team as well.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
require, no...

Do you have a problem with me? It seems anytime we've corresponded, you've come off a little antagonistic.

San Jose is a better team than Toronto. Don't let it get you down.

Lucifer

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Problem ?
I do not enjoy your presence, but it is hardly a problem.

San Jose has no real success, and will need some serious work done to it.
Toronto is already in the process of a ground up restructurization.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Well, you're making it clear that you don't "enjoy my presence" and luckily for me, I could care less but it's slightly immature to show it when there doesn't seem to be substantial reason for it. I've been irritated by members here (or people in general) but unless there's good reason to address it, I don't waste my time. I don't make subtle jabs at them and don't understand why you would. It's a bit passive agressive, IMO.

As for San Jose and Toronto... Speculate what you will, but only next season will be the tell-tale. Who saw Pittsburgh making the comeback that they did at the end of the regular season and into the playoffs?

Lucifer

MBTI Type
ENTJ
I merely pointed out that it was obvious what team I meant, especially to a San Jose fan.
Your response is exactly why I don't enjoy your presence.

The penguins should have been doing well all year long but only managed to get it together at the end of the year. The amount of games they won at the end of the year so close to the playoffs is a testament to what they should have been.
It still isn't on point though, merely making it into the playoffs isn't a victory ala SJ.
The leafs bet on a rebuilding year and are getting where they need to go.
SJ put their resources into a cup final year and came up far short, hence this season being a failure for them.
It all depends on what the club sets out to do and accomplishes.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
You're contradicting yourself a bit. You said Pittsburgh should have played at the caliber that they are now, the whole season. They haven't though. They obviously have the potential as they are displaying that being in the Stanley Cup final, but things didn't come together for them during regular season like it should have. The same yet opposite display for San Jose. They won the president's trophy and obviously have a great team that should have everything it needs to win a title. You can prepare for and "set out to do" but it's not always that easy. The dynamics are always changing and there's no guarantee that your best [what you figure is best] preparation is going to cut it.

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
You're contradicting yourself a bit. You said Pittsburgh should have played at the caliber that they are now, the whole season. They haven't though. They obviously have the potential as they are displaying that being in the Stanley Cup final, but things didn't come together for them during regular season like it should have. The same yet opposite display for San Jose. They won the president's trophy and obviously have a great team that should have everything it needs to win a title. You can prepare for and "set out to do" but it's not always that easy. The dynamics are always changing and there's no guarantee that your best [what you figure is best] preparation is going to cut it.

The Pens were in 10th place in the Eastern Conference at one point in January, IIRC. They were awful before Therrien was fired and Guerin and Kunitz were acquired.