• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Hockey

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Welp, Sharks lose again, 3-2. Series is 2-0: Ducks. Fuck this. I hate San Jose.

Kangirl

I'm a star.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I'm an Oilers fan, Uytuun, but seeing as how they didn't make it I'm cheering for the Canucks out of British Columbia loyalty. 3-0 is pretty impressive. However I can never shake the feeling that if there's one team good at taking an almost certainty and fucking it right up, it's the Canucks. ;)

Fingres crossed, though!

Uytuun

MBTI Type
nnnn
Lol, I've only started watching hockey recently (I'm from good old Europa and have been in Van for about 4 months now), so I wouldn't know, but it certainly ain't over till it's over.

In good old INTJ style, I find myself currently obsessed with learning about the game.

I guess cheering for the Flames was out of the question, eh? :p

Gamine

in-game
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w2
Dear Uytuun,

Welcome to Vancouver. BC loves you back. Also, I'd recommend you start your hockey learning with this gem.....

061407luongo1.jpg

@ Kangirl :cheers:

Kangirl

I'm a star.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Uytuun, the Canucks have had some serious choking incidents, and they go way back. The trauma that team has put me through!!!

Does everyone in town have their Canucks flags flying? I love how BC transforms into this hockey province when the Canucks get into the playoffs.

Btw, I'll actually cheer for any Canadian team these days - it was pretty painful when the Flames went down in the Finals a few years back, and had you asked me as a child, I would NEVER have imagined myself able to feel anything but hatred for the Flames.

PS. You've been in Van long enough to start calling it Van! Have you been to Vic yet? :D

:hug: to the BCers in here

MBTI Type
INTJ
The atmosphere at Canucks games is awesome. I had the good fortune to be at a Canucks/Flames game on Remembrance Day a couple of years ago, and it was amazing.

Uytuun

MBTI Type
nnnn
Dear Uytuun,

Welcome to Vancouver. BC loves you back. Also, I'd recommend you start your hockey learning with this gem.....

Thank you, unfortunately, I will be going home soon. I was on exchange here, but I really love the city and it really feels like home.

Way beyond Luuu or Louu in the Hockey Learning process, though. :D

Uytuun, the Canucks have had some serious choking incidents, and they go way back. The trauma that team has put me through!!!

Does everyone in town have their Canucks flags flying? I love how BC transforms into this hockey province when the Canucks get into the playoffs.

Btw, I'll actually cheer for any Canadian team these days - it was pretty painful when the Flames went down in the Finals a few years back, and had you asked me as a child, I would NEVER have imagined myself able to feel anything but hatred for the Flames.

PS. You've been in Van long enough to start calling it Van! Have you been to Vic yet? :D

:hug: to the BCers in here

Oh yes, there's Canucks stuff everywhere. The busses are permanently Go Canucks Go it seems...love the enthusiasm.

Haven't been to Vic and I won't seeing as I'm leaving for Belgium again at the end of the month. :cry:

I'll really miss the laid-back Westcoast style. Really really. Vancouver makes me happy.

The atmosphere at Canucks games is awesome. I had the good fortune to be at a Canucks/Flames game on Remembrance Day a couple of years ago, and it was amazing.

I attended a Canucks/Ducks game and although it was good, it was nothing compared to the atmosphere in the university pub when the Canucks played the Flames...including two "hockeysluts"...ours was dressed skimpier and yes, we won. :smile:

Props to Calgary for winning today, though!

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Welp, San Jose got spanked last night, 4-0. Series is 3-1. Playoff advancement is looking pretty bleak for SJ, yet again. This pisses me off.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
2-2 Calgary/Blackhawks! Yeah!

Sucks that they have the home advantage, but I'm slightly optimistic... The away games were pretty close.

GO FLAMES.

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Seeing the Ducks win the Stanley Cup in 2007 was incredible. It would be nice to see them make another serious run, but it looks as if they are going to run into a Red Wings buzzsaw.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Seeing the Ducks win the Stanley Cup in 2007 was incredible. It would be nice to see them make another serious run, but it looks as if they are going to run into a Red Wings buzzsaw.

You're probably right, but you never know. Hiller is standing on his head, and in the playoffs a hot goalie can always steal a series. I would love to see the Ducks beat the Wings.

If there's any justice, the Flyers will win Saturday. They've been the better team in four of the five games, and they're down 3-2. Fleury absolutely stole Game 4.

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
You're probably right, but you never know. Hiller is standing on his head, and in the playoffs a hot goalie can always steal a series. I would love to see the Ducks beat the Wings.

If there's any justice, the Flyers will win Saturday. They've been the better team in four of the five games, and they're down 3-2. Fleury absolutely stole Game 4.

And the refs absolutely stole Game 2 with that call on Carter that tied it with 4 minutes to go. If anything, Staal should have been called for holding the stick. The Flyers should be playing to clinch the series at home tomorrow. We still need to make some adjustments in the offseason. I'd like to see Lupul, Jones, and Biron out, and JVR, Sbisa, and maybe Josh Harding from the Wild in. Tuukka Rask from Boston may be an option, but he has one year left before he hits RFA status.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Seeing the Ducks win the Stanley Cup in 2007 was incredible.

I can't help it - I despise the Ducks. All the hype around Giguere was enough to deploy the air sick bags. He's a good goalie, but stripped of those giant pads reduced him from his ridiculously high status. Who was it - Garth Snow...? Was he the one who wore those giant pads?

To me, nothing gets more boring than New Jersey (sleeping through Canes vs Devils series), but Marty Brodeur is a god, Olie Kolzig too. THAT is an amazing goalie, not Giguere. Plus, he had the nerve to appear on Late Night before he even won which I thought was very pompous.

All I could enjoy was Teemu, really.

It would be nice to see them make another serious run, but it looks as if they are going to run into a Red Wings buzzsaw.

My favorite kind of power tool. ;) Yahoo!

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
I can't help it - I despise the Ducks. All the hype around Giguere was enough to deploy the air sick bags. He's a good goalie, but stripped of those giant pads reduced him from his ridiculously high status. Who was it - Garth Snow...? Was he the one who wore those giant pads?

To me, nothing gets more boring than New Jersey (sleeping through Canes vs Devils series), but Marty Brodeur is a god, Olie Kolzig too. THAT is an amazing goalie, not Giguere. Plus, he had the nerve to appear on Late Night before he even won which I thought was very pompous.

All I could enjoy was Teemu, really.

My favorite kind of power tool. ;) Yahoo!

Giguere had the ridiculous pads in the 2003 run, when they ended up losing. They reduced the goalie pads after the lockout, and the Ducks still won. Statistically, Giguere was the 4th or 5th best goalie in the league that year. They were a very strong team.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I still hate them! Logic be damned! :D *thumbs nose at Giguere* I hated his haircut too! Boo! Anything about the Disney franchise putting their stamp on the Cup... it bothers me. Corporate sponsors I get. Like the Wings are synonymous with Little Caesar's due to the owner. But Disney? Whole other realm.

I believe Luongo had the giant pads too. He's not a small man either. It was like two car seats strapped to his legs. lol

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Marty Brodeur is a god

If I could be anyone for one day, I would have been Marty Brodour last night. Incredible. :yes:

I was pacing a groove in the floor the last couple minutes of the game last night. I think that woke them from their slumber as it was getting boring. It shouldn't be easy.