User Tag List

First 122021222324 Last

Thread: Hockey

MBTI
    ISTx

They won the President's trophy, their first season to win that honor. Technically, they did wonderful this "season". Post season is another matter and I prefer not to speak about it.

MBTI
    ENTJ

It is going to be nice when the leafs do better then the sharks this year, so I can take this and quote it.

It was nice to see them lose to my second favourite team as well.
    This world is mine - in time.

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by Lucifer View Post
    It was nice to see them lose to my second favourite team as well.
    Anaheim?

MBTI
    ENTJ

I thought it was obvious, did it require a post ?

MBTI
    ISTx

require, no...

Do you have a problem with me? It seems anytime we've corresponded, you've come off a little antagonistic.

San Jose is a better team than Toronto. Don't let it get you down.

MBTI
    ENTJ

Problem ?
    I do not enjoy your presence, but it is hardly a problem.

San Jose has no real success, and will need some serious work done to it.
    Toronto is already in the process of a ground up restructurization.

MBTI
    ISTx

Well, you're making it clear that you don't "enjoy my presence" and luckily for me, I could care less but it's slightly immature to show it when there doesn't seem to be substantial reason for it. I've been irritated by members here (or people in general) but unless there's good reason to address it, I don't waste my time. I don't make subtle jabs at them and don't understand why you would. It's a bit passive agressive, IMO.

As for San Jose and Toronto... Speculate what you will, but only next season will be the tell-tale. Who saw Pittsburgh making the comeback that they did at the end of the regular season and into the playoffs?

MBTI
    ENTJ

I merely pointed out that it was obvious what team I meant, especially to a San Jose fan.
    Your response is exactly why I don't enjoy your presence.

The penguins should have been doing well all year long but only managed to get it together at the end of the year. The amount of games they won at the end of the year so close to the playoffs is a testament to what they should have been.
    It still isn't on point though, merely making it into the playoffs isn't a victory ala SJ.
    The leafs bet on a rebuilding year and are getting where they need to go.
    SJ put their resources into a cup final year and came up far short, hence this season being a failure for them.
    It all depends on what the club sets out to do and accomplishes.

MBTI
    ISTx

You're contradicting yourself a bit. You said Pittsburgh should have played at the caliber that they are now, the whole season. They haven't though. They obviously have the potential as they are displaying that being in the Stanley Cup final, but things didn't come together for them during regular season like it should have. The same yet opposite display for San Jose. They won the president's trophy and obviously have a great team that should have everything it needs to win a title. You can prepare for and "set out to do" but it's not always that easy. The dynamics are always changing and there's no guarantee that your best [what you figure is best] preparation is going to cut it.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Beat View Post
    You're contradicting yourself a bit. You said Pittsburgh should have played at the caliber that they are now, the whole season. They haven't though. They obviously have the potential as they are displaying that being in the Stanley Cup final, but things didn't come together for them during regular season like it should have. The same yet opposite display for San Jose. They won the president's trophy and obviously have a great team that should have everything it needs to win a title. You can prepare for and "set out to do" but it's not always that easy. The dynamics are always changing and there's no guarantee that your best [what you figure is best] preparation is going to cut it.
    The Pens were in 10th place in the Eastern Conference at one point in January, IIRC. They were awful before Therrien was fired and Guerin and Kunitz were acquired.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"