User Tag List

First 91718192021 Last

Thread: Hockey

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    I still hate them! Logic be damned! *thumbs nose at Giguere* I hated his haircut too! Boo! Anything about the Disney franchise putting their stamp on the Cup... it bothers me. Corporate sponsors I get. Like the Wings are synonymous with Little Caesar's due to the owner. But Disney? Whole other realm.

I believe Luongo had the giant pads too. He's not a small man either. It was like two car seats strapped to his legs. lol

Disney sold their interest in the team before they won the Cup. That's one of the reasons they changed from "Mighty Ducks of Anaheim" to just "Anaheim Ducks." Henry Samueli is the current owner.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Thank goodness for that - the uniform colors were hideous.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    And the refs absolutely stole Game 2 with that call on Carter that tied it with 4 minutes to go. If anything, Staal should have been called for holding the stick. The Flyers should be playing to clinch the series at home tomorrow. We still need to make some adjustments in the offseason. I'd like to see Lupul, Jones, and Biron out, and JVR, Sbisa, and maybe Josh Harding from the Wild in. Tuukka Rask from Boston may be an option, but he has one year left before he hits RFA status.
    I'll agree with all of this except Biron. I think Philly fans are conditioned to complain about goaltending. Marty has played well in the playoffs, and I say this as someone who is a big Niittymaki fan. Lupul makes me think twice sometimes, but he never does more than tease. I still think the last piece is a Sergei Gonchar-type on D.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    Thank goodness for that - the uniform colors were hideous.
    Blasphemy! I miss their old logo:

Also, since when does the term "Ducks" ever sound slightly cool in any way, shape or form, on its own? "Mighty Ducks" almost fools me into believing ducks could be cool. The current black and gold is pretty prestigious though...

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    I'll agree with all of this except Biron. I think Philly fans are conditioned to complain about goaltending. Marty has played well in the playoffs, and I say this as someone who is a big Niittymaki fan. Lupul makes me think twice sometimes, but he never does more than tease. I still think the last piece is a Sergei Gonchar-type on D.

I wouldn't want Nitty to be a #1 goalie ever again. His hip is apparently shot. I don't think we really need a Gonchar type guy (although one would be nice). We could use more scoring from our D, but it's not surprising that they score few goals with the amazing amount of offensive talent we have. I think Sbisa will mature into a very good puck-moving defenseman. I'd love a new coach with a new system. I know Stevens is popular, but I have NEVER seen a team make so many D-to-D passes and get caught in their own zone in my life. A strong forecheck totally throws them off. They often make more passes in the defensive zone than they do through the neutral zone and into the offensive zone. How can your d-men pass it back and forth 3-4 times, only to pass to the red line and have a forward dump and chase? That is assbackward. One of Jones and Carle should go. I think we need a long-term solution in net, too. I do not want to keep making the playoffs every year and going out in the 1st or 2nd round. This team has gobs of talent, and they need to win at least one Cup in the next 5 years.

MBTI
    ISTx

What a game (game 5) between San Jose and Anaheim! Both teams gave it every thing. SJ was up 2-0, playing at home, going into the third period and then within the span of about 5 minutes Anaheim comes back to tie it up. The game went into OT and the Sharks managed to score one a few minutes into it, putting the series at 3-2, Anaheim in the lead. Game 6 is in Anaheim and SJ has a reputation for playing better away from home. If we can take that game and persevere in game 7 at home..... FTW!
    Last edited by swordpath; 04-27-2009 at 05:35 AM.

MBTI
    ISTx

FML

MBTI
    ESFJ

Well, it didn't go well for the Flyers, either, but I hope that Holmgren uses this offseason to drop some dead weight and fill the holes. I don't want to see Lupul, Jones, or Biron in Flyers jerseys next year. I want Josh Harding from the Wild in net.

MBTI
    nnnn

Canucks still going steady, let's hop they keep it up tonight.

MBTI
    INTj

Go Caps!
    "The only time I'm wrong is when I'm questioning myself."
    Haight