User Tag List

First 8910111220 Last

Thread: Hockey

MBTI
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Googly_Eyes View Post
    Kolzig's with the bolts now, actually.

And go Habs. The team hasn't had as much depth as they do now in my lifetime.
    Oh wow. I didn't realize that. I am pretty sure that he planned on retiring. I guess he changed his mind. I'm glad that the Caps play them a lot, so I can see how he's doing.

Actually, I'd like to have him back on the team at this point. Theodore has been terrrrrrrrible thus far. It's always bad when you get pulled in the second period of the first game of the season. He seems completely disoriented.

A good goalie, and I think the Caps would be an excellent team.

MBTI
    ESFJ

The Flyers just traded Ned Lukacevic and a conditional pick for Andrew Alberts from the Boston Bruins. Another 3rd pairing defenseman to help us out until Randy Jones gets back around Thanksgiving (18-year-old Luca Sbisa looks pretty good, but they have to send him back to Lethbridge after 9 games, or this counts as a year toward free agency for him). Looks like it will be:

Timonen-Vaananen
    Coburn-Eminger
    Sbisa-Alberts
    Kukkonen

for the next few games, then Kukkonen takes Sbisa's spot on the 3rd pairing. Not great, but we gave up very little for a serviceable guy.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by nottaprettygal View Post
    Oh wow. I didn't realize that. I am pretty sure that he planned on retiring. I guess he changed his mind. I'm glad that the Caps play them a lot, so I can see how he's doing.
    He probably did plan on retiring. I'm surprised he even changed teams. He always said he didn't want to move because of his son's autism.

Quote Originally Posted by nottaprettygal View Post
    Actually, I'd like to have him back on the team at this point. Theodore has been terrrrrrrrible thus far. It's always bad when you get pulled in the second period of the first game of the season. He seems completely disoriented.

A good goalie, and I think the Caps would be an excellent team.
    Maybe McPhee can land another "former" Habs goalie: Halak. Not sure the Caps have anyone who's both of interest to the Habs and touchable though.

MBTI
    ISTx

The Sharks 4-0 start has got me pleased. Besides playing Columbus last night, its been all inter division play, so its too early to see where they stack up, but still, 4-0...

MBTI
    ESFJ

The Flyers have started out 0-2-1. They need to beat someone, and fast. We are already 9 points back of the Rangers, and we've only played 3 games.

MBTI
    ISTx

Rangers are hot this season. Definite contenders for the cup. Isn't that Philly/SJS game this Saturday?

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Beat View Post
    Rangers are hot this season. Definite contenders for the cup. Isn't that Philly/SJS game this Saturday?
    I am getting a week from today (Wednesday the 22nd) in Philly. Do we have a home-and-home?

MBTI
    ISTx

Oh snap, I just read that this is the FIRST time in Sharks franchise history being 4-0 and I expect a continuation of the winning streak over the next several games: Anaheim who we already beat, hopefully we can nab two wins against Philly and then Florida and Tampa Bay are most likely going to batter. From there it's Pittsburgh and Detroit. :/

And yeah Merc, I was browsing over the schedule the other day and saw that Philly and SJS were playing this Sat. They are in San Jose and then again Wed. in Philly.

MBTI
    ISTJ

Yeah, <== from Chicago...
    Yeah, <== Blackhawk fan...

And save the obivous - I know they aren't going to go much of anywhere anytime soon. But, this season will will go down in memory now that the Wirtz the Younger is running the show. For the first time since I've been following them (since the 70's) .....

Blackhawk home games are on tv.

Is there any other city that doesn't televise their homegames at all? The team is finally starting to spend money. It will take time, but at least now it will be fun to watch.

(Of course, it seems like half the team isn't old enough to vote yet, but it's a start...)
    ...doesn't work or play well with others...

Quote Originally Posted by Condor View Post
    Is there any other city that doesn't televise their homegames at all? The team is finally starting to spend money. It will take time, but at least now it will be fun to watch.

(Of course, it seems like half the team isn't old enough to vote yet, but it's a start...)
    Sadly, Chicago was the only city like that, and would have remained so as long as old Bill Wirtz was alive. He never understood that putting games on TV was a way to attract new fans and keep them. He always thought he was giving away his product for free. It's good to be a Hawks fan right now...games on TV and two young superstars in waiting!
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari