• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

So, supposedly this is dark-sounding...

Bknight

Lost in the Multiverse
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I just had my dad listen to this song, and apparently it sounds dark to him. I don't know what he's talking about, but maybe I'm used to it (I listen to a lot of Rock, so maybe that has something to do with it.)

Starset- My Demons:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpCHsO6cwx8

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
Well it doesnt sound exactly light...

Not lullaby material

sprinkles

Mojibake
MBTI Type
INFJ
I just had my dad listen to this song, and apparently it sounds dark to him. I don't know what he's talking about, but maybe I'm used to it (I listen to a lot of Rock, so maybe that has something to do with it.)

Starset- My Demons:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpCHsO6cwx8

It's not entirely dark. The verses are just a little dark but the chorus is a positive and hopeful uptick to me.

I could see why somebody would think it is dark if they don't give it a chance though.

Bknight

Lost in the Multiverse
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well it doesnt sound exactly light...

Not lullaby material

That's the truth.

It's not entirely dark. The verses are just a little dark but the chorus is a positive and hopeful uptick to me.

I could see why somebody would think it is dark if they don't give it a chance though.

True. The chorus does change the song a lot.

Yeah, that's what I'd consider dark. One of the only LP songs I don't like.

boomslang

friendly and accessible
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It sounds like Paramore or t.A.T.u or some shit.

Here's dark stuff:

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I listen to wide variety of rock as well. I'd say it's a very uplifting sort of rock song, for sure. But the thing is, anyone who isn't into anything beyond classic rock is not going to think that. The tone of the song is far too intense to be truly bright or have joy.. the tones of the song, and the lyrics themselves, imply and remind that pain and suffering are in the forefront, and it sort of illustrates that pain in the tenseness of the music.

So it's easy to see that all as very dark indeed. Especially in comparison to something like this:

No rock, no unclear terms, this song is meant to be happy. The beat, the body of it, the lyrics, all reflect clear joy and happiness. There is no mistaking that. There's more room for complexity, and negativity, and interpretation in the song you provided.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
That song in the OP sounds like something I'd hear on a modern day Disneyland ride (comparable to the classic "It's a Small World" ride).

It sounds like Paramore or t.A.T.u or some shit.

Here's dark stuff:

I'll up the ante with one of my favorite heavy bands.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Sound realm is quite dark on the verse, then chorus is bit more hopeful, but then its crying pretty hard.

But ofc it doesent compare to for example: