• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Name some good Canadian bands

Luke O

Super Ape
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I'm finding it hard. I just see a bad track record with music from Canada. Nickelback, Avril Lavigne, Céline Dion, Sum 41 (who remembers them?), Barenaked Ladies, Bryan Adams and that Justin Bieber kid all grate on me, they're an assault on my ears. Alanis Morrissette was ok-ish and there was that one hit wonder Crash Test Dummies in the 90s. Oh and Shania Twain gave us Canadian inspired Country-Pop.

I challenge someone to find me something from the land of Tim Hortons and Lumberjacks that will give me aural pleasure.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Dude. Rush? Neil Young? Get out of here with this Justin Bieber shit.

gromit

likes this
Not sure what your style is but there are a few folksy bands from early 2000s that I really like.

Outlaw Social

Wailin Jennys

The Duhks

Beorn

Permabanned
I was more familiar with Canadian bands in the late 90s.

Here are some:

Hive

hypersane
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Neil Young
Godspeed You! Black Emperor
A Silver Mt. Zion
Skinny Puppy
Arcade Fire
Death From Above 1979
Leonard Cohen
Nomeansno

Some assorted videos:

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I like the early The Guess Who:

Freakin' Leonard Cohen is Canadian:

The Band:

And, of course, Snow:

citizen cane

ornery ornithologist
MBTI Type
BIRD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
This should be a litmus test- anyone who answers 'Nickelback' automatically gets permabanned. Anyone who answers Justin Beiber automatically gets permanently restricted to the worst couple threads possible and quoted mercilessly.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Okay, Steppenwolf and The Band were mentioned. I am not needed here.

SD45T-2

Senior Jr.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
This should be a litmus test- anyone who answers 'Nickelback' automatically gets permabanned. Anyone who answers Justin Beiber automatically gets permanently restricted to the worst couple threads possible and quoted mercilessly.

Luke O

Super Ape
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Guys. And gals.

I may feel a teensy bit embarrassed. I didn't know they were Canadian, but in my record collection I have "You're A Woman, I'm A Machine" by duo (or should I say double double? Ok, enough with the Canada jokes, it's aboot time) DFA1979... I'm also aware of Rush.

By those, I'm throwing tthis case out of court. Canada, I'm sorry!

Luke O

Super Ape
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram

Couldn't click on that one...Nickelback are so guilty of music crimes, they don't deserve an appeal.

Songs by numbers to a cheesy rhyme
Nickelback are guilty of music crime
Cheap lousy tracks just to earn a dime
At least they don't tend to do a mime

SD45T-2

Senior Jr.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Couldn't click on that one...Nickelback are so guilty of music crimes, they don't deserve an appeal.

Songs by numbers to a cheesy rhyme
Nickelback are guilty of music crime
Cheap lousy tracks just to earn a dime
At least they don't tend to do a mime
He does a good Chad Kroeger, but I think his Dave Matthews impression is my favorite. :D

BluRoses

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Oooooh Canada!

I really like Feist, and maybe I will get some flack, but the Barenaked Ladies. I would recommend listening to their albums "Gordon" and then "Stunt."