User Tag List

First 12

can't handcuff the wind Z Buck McFate's Avatar
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

That's her ex-husband? That's impressive, they get along very well. Yeah, I don't see him as guiding anything either. If anything I think he asks pretty good clarifying questions about what she's experiencing. He elicits specific details (e.g. "Can you tell what he did for a living?" "How does he want to hurt people?") that lend credence to her 'abilities'. Any snake oil salesman can walk through an allegedly haunted place saying, "I think he's evil. I don't like it here. I think he wants to hurt people."** That guy puts forth handy nudges to be more specific.

As far as her type- INFJ wouldn't entirely surprise me. I'd be more inclined to think ENFJ if she's an NFJ, just because it seems like her default is to be really expressive (emphatic facial expressions and tone). I think generally INFJs are more controlled than that- we only become animated around people we've established a certain comfort level with. Although she's more subdued/calm in clips that I'd guess were shot afterward and inserted back into her 'walk' in order to clarify things, so I don't know. All I can estimate about her though is 'F'- pretty sure she's a Feeler.

Investigator guy: yeah, ISFJ is feasible to me too. I guess I'd say he smacks of ISJ more than of TJ, really. (And I'd lean more towards ISTJ than ISFJ.)

No idea about the ex-husband either, except he does have that ITP-flavored deadpan monotone. (TJs can be monotone too, but TPs react more to the immediate/direct environment.)

**Just once, I want her to do a walk through where the biggest problem is a ghost stealing marbles for the kids' board games or something, saying things like, "They're essentially harmless. They're playing Parcheesi. I like this place." My primary gripe with the show is that it's hard to believe- *if* there are really ghosts, that the majority of them are as malevolent as she describes. That, and the general production of the show is a little too sensationalistic for my tastes- with the dramatic music and camera shots and whatnot. Yet I still find myself watching a couple episodes every couple of days, so I'm clearly entertained enough to keep coming back.
    Reality is a collective hunch. -Lily Tomlin

5w4 sx/sp Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Z Buck McFate View Post
    That's her ex-husband? That's impressive, they get along very well. Yeah, I don't see him as guiding anything either. If anything I think he asks pretty good clarifying questions about what she's experiencing. He elicits specific details (e.g. "Can you tell what he did for a living?" "How does he want to hurt people?") that lend credence to her 'abilities'. Any snake oil salesman can walk through an allegedly haunted place saying, "I think he's evil. I don't like it here. I think he wants to hurt people."** That guy puts forth handy nudges to be more specific.

As far as her type- INFJ wouldn't entirely surprise me. I'd be more inclined to think ENFJ if she's an NFJ, just because it seems like her default is to be really expressive (emphatic facial expressions and tone). I think generally INFJs are more controlled than that- we only become animated around people we've established a certain comfort level with. Although she's more subdued/calm in clips that I'd guess were shot afterward and inserted back into her 'walk' in order to clarify things, so I don't know. All I can estimate about her though is 'F'- pretty sure she's a Feeler.

Investigator guy: yeah, ISFJ is feasible to me too. I guess I'd say he smacks of ISJ more than of TJ, really. (And I'd lean more towards ISTJ than ISFJ.)

No idea about the ex-husband either, except he does have that ITP-flavored deadpan monotone. (TJs can be monotone too, but TPs react more to the immediate/direct environment.)

**Just once, I want her to do a walk through where the biggest problem is a ghost stealing marbles for the kids' board games or something, saying things like, "They're essentially harmless. They're playing Parcheesi. I like this place." My primary gripe with the show is that it's hard to believe- *if* there are really ghosts, that the majority of them are as malevolent as she describes. That, and the general production of the show is a little too sensationalistic for my tastes- with the dramatic music and camera shots and whatnot. Yet I still find myself watching a couple episodes every couple of days, so I'm clearly entertained enough to keep coming back.
    In the show's defense (and I'm watching as I type this), people call for help because they feel threatened by something they don't understand. But the cause isn't always a threat. In tonight's episode, the "mummies" that are trying to gain their young son's attention are scary, but they just want help. I guess it's not their fault that they look hideous, and people aren't likely to understand their methods of drawing attention to them.

At the same time, there was a sociopathic presence in the household that did intend to do harm. And it's true that every episode has at least one harmful presence to deal with. Amy also said something surprising tonight: she said that living sociopaths are not human.

As for the detective's type, the reason I think ISFJ is that he is so sympathetic to the victims and talks a lot about helping them. But that's possibly stereotyping. It's not as if an ISTJ couldn't say the same things or have the same sympathetic expression. And his fact-gathering to solve a case is more of an ISTJ trait. I think he's just another case of someone who is not "a type."
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

can't handcuff the wind Z Buck McFate's Avatar
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    In the show's defense (and I'm watching as I type this), people call for help because they feel threatened by something they don't understand. But the cause isn't always a threat. In tonight's episode, the "mummies" that are trying to gain their young son's attention are scary, but they just want help. I guess it's not their fault that they look hideous, and people aren't likely to understand their methods of drawing attention to them.
    That's a good point. They probably only go to the most serious of the situations they get called about.
    Reality is a collective hunch. -Lily Tomlin

5w4 sx/sp Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Z Buck McFate View Post

Since Mr. investigator is more emotionally expressive than your typical ISTJ, I'm going with ISFJ for his type.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”