• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Who sucks?

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
I was ok with him on his first single or so. Slightly catchy, that's no problem. Then he was featured to sing choruses and sound exactly the same on every other hip hop artists' songs. No more Akon plz.

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
There's way too much South Park hate and not nearly enough Family Guy hate.
I also hate fart jokes but if you don't like the show you must not like satire.
Nah. I like South Park's satire, and it's just the gross-out factor that turns me off to it, like farts, blood, profanity, etc. I think resorting to those is kind of lame, though it can be funny when used occasionally.

But Family Guy, I loved when it came out. I still like it a lot, for those Peter Griffin moments...I think it's called absurd comedy? I don't know how you classify those things. The humor that doesn't revolve around farts, blood, profanity, sex, just there for the wow-factor, etc.

Some examples off the top of my head:

Peter is on a plane, standing next to a button that says "Do not press button". He looks around for a minute, then decides to press it. The emergency door on the plane opens, and he is sucked out.

Peter is talking about sneaking into places, and it shows him in a movie theater, eyes glancing nervously back and forth. It shows him in some other place that he has sneaked into, doing the same nervous eye motions. Then it shows him at a Wimbledon tennis match, doing the same back and forth nervous glances, which of course everyone else is doing while watching the volleys. (Interesting note: In this scene, Peter's eyes are moving the opposite direction of everyone else's; as they look left, he is glancing right. I thought putting in a detail like that was funny.)

Last edited:

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
I side with booyalab. Family Guy Sucks. I don't think it's without humor, but to sit through 21 minutes of horror for three good jokes? Not worth it!

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Family Guy is too random. I laugh but it skips around to all kinds of different things too much.

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Maybe I enjoy it because it's something "mysterious" to me? Like when you think too hard for too long, and you just need to balance that out by doing non-brain activities... Maybe this is similar in that it's a break from my J life, as you guys put it. I don't know if that explanation's true or not, but if your assumption of it "not being J humor" is true, the explanation might work...

In any case, I still like it. I feel it's unfortunate (and I'm going to sound like a whiner saying it) that it's become popular off the fart-sex-violence humor, but the random and anecdotal flow of it is what I really enjoy. I gave examples above, hoping that would make things clear.

Just wondering.

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
All right, I got one: Law and Order. It's boring, and the humor--you can tell where they try to use humor--isn't funny.

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I don't know...:thinking: But this is supposed to be a thread about stuff that sucks, not stuff that's good.

Edit: Wait, I thought of one. All in the Family was great when it was still on. But that's not currently running.

And how could I forget Futurama? That may be my favorite, though I haven't seen it in a while. I've seen every episode, anyway.

Last edited:

Bella

MBTI Type
ISTJ
'Tis a thing of beauty when one ISTJ reminds the other of the rules.....

Lateralus

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
My roommate Dustin. Today, he told me that CSI has better character development than Lost. I didn't bother to argue, I just rolled my eyes and walked away.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
chuck_norris.jpg

Such lies!!!

He's awesome!!!

:wub:

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
People who say "it's the Matrix!" whenever something weird or complex happens.

Bella

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Serious? You want to tell me there are people that really believe in the Matrix.