• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Who sucks?

Mempy

Mamma said knock you out
Colors said:
Romeo & Juliet- (the play) cause teenage over-melodramatic infutuation is deep and meaningful and the greatest love story of all time and stuff

I had an English teacher who told me that a lot of scholars entertain the idea that Shakespeare was actually making fun of teen infatuation with Romeo and Juliet. I like that idea, though I don't claim to know anything about Shakespeare.

Colors said:
Spirited Away- bowl of suck. Pretty yes, Miyazaki has done so much better... only looks good in comparison to....

Howl's Moving Castle(the movie)- and it used to be a good book from one of my favorite authors too!

I didn't like Howl's Moving Castle, either, but I loved Spirited Away.

FMW said:

Thank you, thank you, thank you. My GOD, I hated that movie. And everyone EVERYWHERE seems to love it. I need ten of these: :confused:

Mempy

Mamma said knock you out
Tallulah said:
I felt that way about The Piano.
I'm not sure I've even heard of that.

Who/what I agree sucks:
Denzel Washington
RENT
Say Anything

Additions:
The Notebook
The English Patient

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
I like almost all of EffEmDoubleYou's suck list. :D However, I definitely agree on late-period George Carlin and Radiohead (to an extent). I just saw them on Tuesday, and the show was very 2000s-heavy. In other words, a gigantic pile of MEH. Oh, and Sublime. "Groovy" is not amongst my criteria for great artists.

And somehow, Paul McCartney has become UNDERRATED at this point. That's weird, and a little frightening. He's been a complete cornball for decades, but he put out far more enjoyable songs in the 1970s than any other ex-Beatle. John Lennon had two very good solo albums, sucked drunken monkey balls for years, and made a decent AOR album months before dying. George put out maybe two albums' worth of decent material. Ringo had one.

Another band that is popular for no good reason, except their style fit the era: The Cars. They put out maybe 50-60 minutes of good music in a 12-year career. "Good Times Roll" and "My Best Friend's Girl" flat-out suck.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
the movie sideways
those two male actors-blah

and how did you guys forget carson daly and his show ?

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
and how did you guys forget carson daly and his show ?

Well, I think the original premise was to have things that people really think are great, but actually suck. I don't think anyone thinks Carson Daly is great. :D

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Well, I think the original premise was to have things that people really think are great, but actually suck. I don't think anyone thinks Carson Daly is great. :D

Yeah, exactly. He had a few decent musical guests, but that show was never any good. Let's void the Nickelbacks and Uwe Bolls and all in this thread. No fish in a barrel.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeah, exactly. He had a few decent musical guests, but that show was never any good. Let's void the Nickelbacks and Uwe Bolls and all in this thread. No fish in a barrel.

well
throw in bowling for soup

rilo kiley and ashanti

sassafrassquatch

The Colbert Report sucks. It was was funny at first but now it's wearing thin and I don't even watch it anymore. The Daily Show is way better even though I hate everyone on it except for Jon Stewart and John Oliver.

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
The Colbert Report sucks. It was was funny at first but now it's wearing thin and I don't even watch it anymore. The Daily Show is way better even though I hate everyone on it except for Jon Stewart and John Oliver.

I don't care for either one of those shows. I honestly liked The Daily Show better when it was Craig Kilborn doing fake news. South Park is the best political show on that network.

MBTI Type
ENTP
Mel Brooks: his films are slow and don't work... the only one which was halfway funny was Spaceballs, and even that was overwrought.

Edit: I just realized this thread is about people in entertainment and art. :p

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
M. Night Shyamalan
Kanye West
The Euro
Oprah
Meredith Viera