• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Who sucks?

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
OK, time to add Nancy Pelosi (and her speechwriters) to the list. What an awful opening speech. She sounds like the worst nightmare of a kindergarten teacher I've ever heard.

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Oh, oh, this is important!

Quentin Tarantino!
Emphatically seconded. I had always heard that he was the "greatest director of all time". Once, I applied for a job at the movie theater, and my friends told me, "If they ask you who your favorite director is, just say 'Quentin Tarantino. Doesn't matter if he is or not, just say it." Recently I finally watched some of his films and I was really disappointed.

Also, Mozart is overrated among classical music circles.

Last edited:

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Emphatically seconded. I had always heard that he was the "greatest director of all time". Once, I applied for a job at the movie theater, and my friends told me, "If they ask you who your favorite director is, just say 'Quentin Tarantino. Doesn't matter if he is or not, just say it." Recently I finally watched some of his films and I was really disappointed.

I love all of Tarantino's films aside from Death Proof from Grindhouse. Everything up to that point was really, really enjoyable. I think his aesthetic is actually far less mainstream than his notoriety would normally entail, since he grew up on a dollar-theater exploitation, cheap-VHS cult classic diet. He has his overly-talky, precious moments, though. Death Proof was VERY hard to get through, and it wasn't particularly long. Bad combo.

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
I am actually praying for a Zergling special on this part of the thread. LOL

In terms of suckiness, how about any John Lennon song about Yoko and/or his children?

GZA

Resident Snot-Nose
MBTI Type
infp
Weird Al sucks a lot.

No Country for Old Men. It just pisses me off how much acclaim that movie got. Artsy-fartsy and very mediocre.

The Lord of the Rings books. I loved the Hobbit, I love the story and the movies of LotR, but the books of LotR made me fall asleep.

Gabe

MBTI Type
ENTP
Which artists (with some modicum of critical acclaim) actually suck? Directors, authors, graphic artists, whatever? Who is completely overrated? Which creative emperors have no clothes?

First nominee, for Egregious Overratedness: My Bloody Valentine. Cool sounds, no songs to speak of, not a great example of the shoegazer aesthetic.

Directors: Troy Duffy. total douchebag.
author: Micheal Chrichton.

Award for type-castedness: Jack Nickleson, Adam Sandler