First 12

MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post

Would a bunch of movie-goers used to seeing fast zombies (28 Days Later) chase the living find it even interesting to see more undead shit that look like dead critters eating... dead people?
    The movie could also include the terrifying concept of dead people being replaced by skeletons. I think that is sufficient to add interest. Behold, the ravages of time!

I did llike the X-Files episode about Donnie whassisname who was into necrophilia, and how they did a kind of "overlay" on him to suggest he was really a ghoul in human form, although I think it was more allegorical and reflecting the state of his soul.
    Do you remember the name of it?

Quote Originally Posted by Sultan of Beans View Post
    The first time I heard of ghouls was when I was a kid and playing the game Quest for Glory 2. This is what they looked like there:

Actually looked more like a skeleton lol.
    I played the Quest for Glory that was based on ancient Greece and had dragons. There was a Minotaur character that I remember being pretty awesome. I thought playing as the Thief was the most interesting... somehow they worked in references to Bogart films there, too.

Regarding terminology for undead creatures, I really like the word "wight," and I thank J.R.R. Tolkein and George R.R. Martin for bringing it back.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

yeah, "Wight" is a cool name.
    It's too bad they got dropped from the LOTR movies (the barrow wights, I mean).

I was just telling Sultan I played every QfG that WASN'T the dragon one. (It originally was called "So You Want to Be a Hero," which expresses the tongue-in-cheek attitude it often exuded.) It was one of my favorite game series at the time it came out. I think you can find updated versions that run on modern computers, online.

X-Files episode:
    Irresistible (The X-Files) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Donnie Pfaster was the character. Usually makes the top 10-15 episodes of the series list.

"Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

across the universe Olm the Water King's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    459 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII

@Vulcan Oh you liked the dragon one? well, that's cool. but it was actually my least favorite game in the series haha. it was sort of a disappointment to me.
    @Jennifer I think you can buy the whole series on gog.com

Also, there's a free remake of QFG2 somewhere, with better graphics and a point and click system instead of the text input parser thing which the original 1 and 2 had (1 already got a Sierra remake a long time ago) . I can't remember where.

Oh and there's Heroine's Quest, fan made game inspired by the series. I like it a lot.

MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Sultan of Beans View Post
    @Vulcan Oh you liked the dragon one? well, that's cool. but it was actually my least favorite game in the series haha. it was sort of a disappointment to me.
    It was the only one I played. I remember enjoying it, though.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    9w8

I want a period zombie film, maybe set during the late Roman Empire or something.

But a good one.
    Likes Wind Up Rex liked this post

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

@Jennifer @Vulcan Watched Maggie yesterday. Exceptionally well done film. Intriguing premise and really well executed. I'm not huge into body horror, but each step of Maggie's transformation is more awful in a heartbreaking kind of way than gross out horrible. I also don't think I've seen a horror movie this beautiful from the standpoint of cinematography since Stoker. Casting Arnold in the film was also pretty genius on a lot of levels. Somehow watching this powerful person fighting as hard as he can to save his daughter from every threat but be so ultimately helpless in the face of the one that's actually destroying her is just devestating to watch.

Definitely took a page from the Babadook playbook with the idea that the monsters are almost besides the point of what is truly terrifying about the film. Editing is also brilliantly succinct: gets in, breaks your heart and its done. Great film.
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth
    Likes Totenkindly liked this post

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Glad someone else really liked it; it continues to grow on me as I think about it, and I thought many of the reviews were unfair in regards to the ending:

That scene where she talks at the campfire and then sits in the bus with the other diseased kid... wow. Honestly, "The Fault in Our Stars" didn't have anything on that, it felt more real to me in this movie even though far less is said.

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft
    Likes Wind Up Rex liked this post

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

Glad someone else really liked it; it continues to grow on me as I think about it, and I thought many of the reviews were unfair in regards to the ending
    Couldnt give less of a shit of critical opinion after the tedious farce that was It Follows.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Up Rex View Post
    Couldnt give less of a shit of critical opinion after the tedious farce that was It Follows.
    Yeah, did you respond to me on that one yet? Sounds like you really hated it.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

Yeah, did you respond to me on that one yet? Sounds like you really hated it.
    VM or elsewhere?

Unrelated, but I also just heard they're remaking The Craft. Somewhere my 10 year old self is weeping impossibly bitter tears.

Sony Remake The Craft | Variety