• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Unbreakable! They alive, dammit! It's a miracle!

I'm about halfway through the show and am OBSESSED. So funny.

What do you guys think?

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I watched Episode 1. I had mixed feelings but thought it had potential, so I want to watch more.

I think the episode titles are really funny. I was kind of bored by the first five minutes of the pilot and almost turned it off (the jokes were falling flat to me), then they got Matt Lauer interviewing the four Doomsday brides and I thought that was hilarious, so I kept watching.

The best part of the show to me is the actor playing Kimmy. She's perfect. I also would like to see if they do something with Jane Krakowski and Carol Kane. The gay roommate is kind of old cliche to me, much of the time. Some jokes fell flat, some made me laugh pretty hard... and I think fast pacing (fast is good!) and Kimmy's indefatigably perky attitude will make or break the show.

I think it's funny how NBC wouldn't touch the show, but Netflix would. The NBC censors can't handle a lot.

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I meant to pace myself, and I did pretty well, but I ended up binge watching the last five episodes in one day. It's so hilarious.

The werewolf-Titus side story cracked me up. "Oh God, he's turning into Samuel L. Jackson!"

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I really like this show. I think once I saw the stuff with the news crew in the pilot, I was sold.

There's a lot of really good satire here; I definitely understand why NBC wouldn't touch it. The vibe of the show is edgy, but friendly at the same time. The show doesn't really declare anyone "off limits" for lampooning, which is the way comedy should be. At the same time, I feel like the characters are fleshed out enough that they avoid being complete caricatures; they do more then tread on lazy stereotypes.

Xanthippe Lannister Voorhees was, apart from the obvious sources, apparently named after this this person.

My favorite bit so far was the random closing bit featuring the 1930's musical "Daddy's Boy" complete with a cameo by TCM's Robert Osborne.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
As far as censors go... the show definitely goes where it wants, although it's not "Archer." [Archer makes me laugh constantly but mostly through shock value... the entire script is what people aren't supposed to say, which makes it hilarious.]

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
"I'm so happy for you, I love both of you very much even though I don't always pay it"?

:rofl1:

And Martin Short in a cameo, under a ton of makeup.

Four episodes in, much funnier now. I usually laugh out loud at much of it, but yes, it's pretty goofy.

Codex

MBTI Type
ENTJ
I really enjoy how goofy it is. Fun to watch over again in a couple of months. Much like 30Rock . <3 tina

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh my god.

I had never finished watching this series and finally leaped back in to see the last seven episodes or so. It's one of those shows where I'm laughing out loud pretty much throughout.

I just finished "Kimmy's in a Love Triangle." Wow. And who the hell cast

as Titus' [Straight] Man Handler? That is absolutely classic, just the best.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I didn't know this show had a thread!!!

Seriously in love with everything about it. Also there's a joke at work that I'm Kimmy Schmidt lol.