• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Truth is in Here: The Return of X-Files

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
https://www.yahoo.com/tv/s/x-files-revival-officially-ordered-162943889.html

...Fox has officially ordered a six-episode continuation of its phenomenally successful supernatural drama, to shoot this summer and (presumably) air at some point next season. (An official airdate remains TBD.)

“I think of it as a 13-year commercial break,” said X-Files creator Chris Carter, who will oversee the new episodes. “The good news is the world has only gotten that much stranger, a perfect time to tell these six stories.”

The X-Files ended its nine-season run on Fox in May 2002, but the franchise was resurrected on the big screen in 2008’s The X-Files: I Want to Believe, a follow-up to 1998’s The X-Files: Fight the Future. When last we saw Mulder and Scully in Believe, they were grudgingly helping the FBI find some missing women/bust up a bizarre, Frankenstein-like operation in Virginia. Also important to know: The bureau had pardoned Mulder for going on the lam (at the end of the series’ run), Scully had returned to her medical career, and the partners were still romantically entangled and living together....

nos4a2

Not sure how I feel about this. It already ran too long for it's own good, though there were some great episodes in the final seasons.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Not sure how I feel about this. It already ran too long for it's own good, though there were some great episodes in the final seasons.

I generally was disappointed with Seasons 8 & 9, although I liked Doggett (Robert Patrick) a lot.

Still, Duchovny was out for much of that, and this is back to Duchovny and Anderson, so it'll be interesting to see how they've matured as actors.

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
If they can recreate the chemistry between Duchovny and Anderson, perhaps. I never saw the final seasons though because it did kind of drag out at the end.