User Tag List

First 1234 Last

^ i think they are planning on making ben urich's editor (white dude) his replacement. After ben was killed and fisk got captured he must be feeling really guilty. And the way they showed him a few times afterwards makes me think he'd be ben's replacement (would take ben's role of investigative journalist). I miss him though. The only black dude in the show and he seemed like a good actor.

It's sad fisk's pal died but i think a big kill like that is good for the show.

So far fisk has been a todler compared to him. Lets see how he develops as a leader without him.

I think gao was much better.

Enneagram
    9w8

^yeah, I do see the validity in killing off Wesley. I wonder if Vanessa will sort of fill the role. In some ways, she seems more cunning and deviant than Fisk, plus she could totally manipulate him. I wonder if she will. I agree about Ben. I loved him as a character. Maybe they will develop Claire a bit more. With her being played by the likes of Rosario Dawson I can't see them dropping her. I think she'll be back.
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=61024&page=14

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I don't remember if I mentioned it here in a spoiler, but I really didn't think it was a great move to kill Urich for various reasons. (Wesley, I could understand.) It removed yet another strong non-white person from the cast, as well as one of the best actors; his story seemed like it had a lot of play left in it; he's a long running character in the Marvel world, not just a character made up as expendable; we learned nothing new or useful about Fisk, we already knew he was capable of killing people out of mindless anger with his bare hands. It just seemed a rather pointless attempt to create fake drama.

To many of the non-white cast have kind of faded off, including Gao and Claire Temple. I think Claire's character is known to service (as a nurse) a number of folks. I've heard that both Gao and Claire might show up in the other series.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp

Just my thoughts. I think the reason they portrayed Fisk like they did, was intentional. I think they are showing that he isn't/wasn't evil to begin. He has severe psychological issues due to his childhood and I think he legitimately does want to make Hell's Kitchen a better place. I noticed they never referred to him as Kingpin yet. As the season progressed, Fisk became more and more evil, coinciding with his growing relationship with Vanessa. Anyway, I figure his time in jail, along with his hatred for Daredevil will make him the more focused "Kingpin". They have diverged from the comics from the get-go, so anything is possible.

Also, on a side topic, there is conjecture on the net that Madame Gao is actually Crane Mother. This make a lot of sense because of the symbol on her heroine and the fact that Crane Mother has a large tie-in to the upcoming character Iron Fist who is from the same realm.
    Don't like my modera... Oh wait, wrong forum. Carry on.

ESTP, 8w7 sx/sp
    Likes Totenkindly, Ene, Cellmold liked this post

Enneagram
    9w8

^@, good point about Gao. She did say that she was from much farther away than China. Immediately I thought of Iron Fist. I'm glad you brought that up.
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=61024&page=14
    Likes TreeBob liked this post

Permabanned

Finished it yesterday, and I absolutely love what they did with the Kingpin.

Quote Originally Posted by riva View Post
    Does anyone know what Fisk's big plan for the city is?
    Using the Yakuza's contracts to destroy and rebuild Hell's Kitchen from the ground up all while pitting the major crime organizations to destroy each other. Frankly, not a bad plan at all. Whats more efficient: Trying to see how many criminals you can catch, or taking over all of them and getting them to do less crime? From a utilitarian perspective I think we should all be routing for the Kingpin.

And why is he head over heels attracted to that woman? She looks beautiful but for him to be that attracted to him doesn't make any sense. Perhaps it's an infatuation he is trying to hold on to.
    Because she has the right mindset to seek the hidden beauty in everything, allowing her to "get him".

Also, I found the contrast interesting - Fisk's inability to pray vs. Murdock religious nature, but I am not sure how much to make of that.
    Likes Cellmold liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Jarlaxle View Post
    Finished it yesterday, and I absolutely love what they did with the Kingpin.

Using the Yakuza's contracts to destroy and rebuild Hell's Kitchen from the ground up all while pitting the major crime organizations to destroy each other. Frankly, not a bad plan at all. Whats more efficient: Trying to see how many criminals you can catch, or taking over all of them and getting them to do less crime? From a utilitarian perspective I think we should all be routing for the Kingpin.

Because she has the right mindset to seek the hidden beauty in everything, allowing her to "get him".

Also, I found the contrast interesting - Fisk's inability to pray and vs. Murdock religious nature, but I am not sure how much to make of that.
    Well is he planning on stopping crime in his city after all the crime organizations are dismantled or is he going to take their place? If it's the latter it's useful and he isn't saving the city. So let's assume it's the first. There is a problem though if it is the first because he seems to be trying to scratch his nose by maneuvering his hand behind his neck rather than just scratching it.

Perhaps he sees that he'd make too much enemies if he starts killing them all and that he'd be hunted for the rest of his life by those crime gangs.

Anyway, you are right that he is trying to do a bit of good there. However, he still is hurting more people than he is helping and he should know that the route he is taking would eventually force him to be worst than he is or to become those gangs he is destroying.

Also, he is a really stupid guy. Yes he built a criminal empire but considering how he went about his business dealings it's quite hard to imagine how he did it. His assistant seems rather clever though.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Jarlaxle View Post
    Yes, why is anyone attractive to anyone? Some of it's instinct, there is no "explanation." But she also responds to him and "gets" him, as you said, and that was the factor that solidified his interest in her.

My question was more what makes HIM attractive to HER? It said something that she was not scared off and sees something of value in him, despite the things he's done. Interesting.

Also, I found the contrast interesting - Fisk's inability to pray vs. Murdock religious nature, but I am not sure how much to make of that.
    well, the Catholic theme has been big in the comic, on and off.

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft
    Likes Mane liked this post

Forgot to mention this -

Foggy is a perfect example of how a man's personality and humour could attract a woman irrespective of his looks.

When he wad first hitting on deborah it felt like she was out of his league looks wise. However, his humour, personality and charm eventually started catching on and i wouldnt be surprised if deborah is attracted to him. I think she is but the circumstances are preventing her from falling emotionally for him.

Not only her, even i (the viewer) started to find him very attractive. Of course i cant speak for everyone.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Forgot to mention this -

Foggy is a perfect example of how a man's personality and humour could attract a woman irrespective of his looks.

When he wad first hitting on deborah it felt like she was out of his league looks wise. However, his humour, personality and charm eventually started catching on and i wouldnt be surprised if deborah is attracted to him. I think she is but the circumstances are preventing her from falling emotionally for him.

Not only her, even i (the viewer) started to find him very attractive. Of course i cant speak for everyone.
    He's kind of attractive in his way. His main issue is that he's a little too sensitive, and it would drive me a little crazy after awhile... he can't deal with negativity well, and feels the need to keep things upbeat, and can be a bit moralistic, and tends to like to be the center of attention, which can get old.

I hope Matt and he don't break up.