User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Finished the series last night. I think it was a really great Season 1, albeit flawed... some episodes were really good, a few were more conventional and lost some of the nuance gained in the best episodes. I'm glad I watched it and look forward to the next season.

A lot of my opinions actually ended up being reflected in the AV Club episode reviews, if you've read those.

Spoiler discussion here:

Based on how Season 1 ended... not exactly sure where they are going in Season 2. I think they wanted to produce a self-contained storyline in case they didn't get renewed. They can reexpand stuff of course, but they've got a fairly clean slate at this point.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Ene View Post
    I've only seen the first two episodes and already I'm wondering if Elektra will be brought into the mix. Also, what's your take on Matt's personality? I love the flashbacks to when he was a kid. I liked it when they did that in the comics, too.
    They have confirmed that Elektra won't be brought into the Marvel Cinematic Universe (At least for now). They are tied up doing Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Iron Fist and then finishing it off with Defenders (In that order).
    I suppose they could cast her in Season 2 but I somehow doubt it. They'd be better off saving her for her own show in my opinion.
    Don't like my modera... Oh wait, wrong forum. Carry on.

ESTP, 8w7 sx/sp

Watched the series and loved it.

Perhaps it would be more realistic if he started killing people instead of knocking them out with really hard punches.

Stick was more realistic in that regard; whom I though was really awesome and sexy by the way despite his age.

Fisk seems like a well written character but what is his plan for the city and why is he so dumb? Yes he is an idiot. He keeps fucking things up and killing people who even vaguely challenges him. Too emotional to be a criminal mastermind. He kept fucking things up and making enemies everywhere. The only thing smart about him I saw was all those government officials he has bought off. That's it. That is pretty smart but I can't imagine how an emotional immature childlike idiot like him bought them off. Perhaps it's the money but how did he make all that money is another question.

He is like a child.

His assistant however was smart, but died trying to do something really stupid.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Yeah, Wesley kind of blew it on that one... although it was primarily because Fisk was absorbed in the situation with Vanessa and he was doing it to spare his friend some grief as well as knowing Fisk would really flip out if he knew his mom had been involved. So he was taking care of the business to spare his friend more pain + a risky reaction.

The thing with Wesley is that he did directly intervene more than you might have thought, in a large organization. Like when he went to the bowling alley to retrieve the gun; I thought realistically that would be a hireling's job, not a person of a position like Wesley. More delegation.

Here his main fault was putting that thing on the table and even needing to have it loaded at all. Kind of silly -- in a one-on-one, he should have been able to win regardless. (Sorry Karen, but that's how the chips fall.)

Anyway.

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

I am also saying that Fisk is an idiot and that he didn't indicate even in the slightest the ability to manipulate people. One of the dumbest characters I have ever seen. Too angry, too proud, too impulsive, lacks charm, lacks foresight. Basicaully he lacked everything we expect from a man in his position irrespective of the field he is in and especially the field he is in.

His only weapon is that he is well connected. Considering his lack of social skills, cunning or foresight it's a puzzle how he built such a network. Perhaps it's money but how did he make all/any of it?

I think that Tirad woman (Gao) was a much better character than he is. Also intelligent.

But fisk did show some good acting skills, the way he faked his tears seemed genuine.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Daredevil had the highest percentage of Netflix folks watching for the "how many people watched at least one episode during the initial X days" ranking. It was somwhere around 10-11%. Weirdly, House of Cards was only 6.5%.

I also saw an article that ranked the best current superhero TV shows currently airing, and in the six they listed Daredevil edged out The Flash for the no. 1 slot.

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

I haven't seen this yet, but the people praising it here seem to have good taste. I'll give a spin.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    2w5 sx

Watched the first episode and half way through the second. Really liking it so far...

Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    I haven't seen this yet, but the people praising it here seem to have good taste. I'll give a spin.
    I really like it. I agree with @riva's assessment about the kingpin/Fisk. Madame Gao is a good protagonist. I felt they made a mistake in killing off Ben Urich and I kind of hated to see Wesley go. I felt there was a lot of room for character development there.

All in all, I think it's a good series. I love Cox's portrayal of Matt and thought the relationships between he and Foggy and he and Stick where well done.

I would like to see at least one of the female characters develop into a more complex, fleshed out character. Karen is "getting there."
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=61024&page=14