123 Last

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Default Spiderman's Future in Cinema

Well, since it looks likely that Garfield is now out of a job, with Marvel and Sony finally coming to terms on shared use of the character (and due to AS2 not quite meeting the expected return bar + a few plausible faux pas by Garfield when dealing with Sony)....

... here's now some discussion on where Marvel might take the movie Spiderman from here.

Top Ten Casting Picks To Play The New Spider-Man - Forbes
    Enough Peter Parker: the Marvel Cinematic Universe doesn'''t need another white Spider-Man | The Verge

There's quite a bit of clamour for a non-caucasian Spidey and I'm keen on that, honestly.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I think Donald Glover would be awesome! He's got that whole "boyish, nerdy charm" vibe that I think is really the heart of Spidey.

Spider-Man is sooo boring. But Donald Glover is cute.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    Spider-Man is sooo boring. But Donald Glover is cute.
    You wouldn't say that about Spidey if you let him tie you up.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

good, hot, fresh, fly ~ laterlazer's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    592 sp

Kinda annoyed they got rid of Garfield and that they're rebooting so soon -.- I saw it coming though. I would love a non-caucasian spidey as well actually. And whilst I can see Donald Glover in the role I'm not sure about his acting since all I've seen him in was Community. Isn't he like really focusing on his music now or something though? I love Miles Teller but I'm trying to envision him as a Peter Parker and it's not working so great, but tbh I reckon he could pull off anything. Loving the idea of Tyler James Williams though, and I wouldn't mind Logan Lerman/Dylan O'Brien since they're such cuties (and decent actors too of course). No Tyler Posey, no. Don't see Josh Hutcherson either although he's a good actor.

Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

Can we have a Hispanic Spidey? Perhaps Mexican? I just want to hear him harassing his villains with a thick Chicano accent!

But seriously, I'm heart broken over Andrew Garfield getting the boot.
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I honestly did not like either spiderman.. I DID like the newer one better than the first guy, but neither I thought truly captured the charm of spiderman at all.

I think glover would be good at it. I like the idea of Miles being a spiderman in future sequences, even though it doesn't really have a platform movie-wise right now.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    I think Donald Glover would be awesome! He's got that whole "boyish, nerdy charm" vibe that I think is really the heart of Spidey.
    fuck that, I want Danny Glover just so I can hear Spiderman bitch about he's getting too old for this shit.
    Likes Totenkindly liked this post

Google "chemtrails" Bush Did 9/11's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNtp
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    γ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by ayoitsStepho View Post
    Can we have a Hispanic Spidey? Perhaps Mexican? I just want to hear him harassing his villains with a thick Chicano accent!
    This could actually happen.

Miles Morales, who is Spider-Man in the Ultimate comics, happens to be half-Hispanic.
    J. Scott Crothers
    aka "Bush Did 9/11"
    Founder, Truthtology, est. 1952
    Prophet and Channel, God Almighty
    Author, the Holy scripture Elevenetics

"Just as jet fuel cannot melt steel beams, so too cannot the unshakeable pillars of Truthtology ever be shaken, whether by man, nature, or evidence."
    - Elevenetics

I was SO excited for the first Raimi/Maguire Spider-Man movie, and I loved it.

Now, I hear of plans for a new one, and I'm like, "Spider-Man? That fucking guy? STILL?" Let people sit for ten minutes and start to want something again, Jesus.

Before long, we're going to have a superhero movie that reboots itself in the third act.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari
    Likes Ivy liked this post