User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    That's a shame.
    This one is actually good and works on its own.

(Occasionally a Frasier comes along.)
    Yes, but it doesn't happen often.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Some predictable but still great Mike action this episode -- he's just such a great character. I also appreciated having seen him deal with Walt in BB, then deal with this guy here. Very interesting comparison and contrast, and his whole speech on good/bad criminals.

However, the big thing: The last five minutes. Heart-rending. I think I gasped out loud once or twice. Bob Odenkirk really is so good (and Michael McKean is as well, but Odenkirk just really inhabits this role so perfectly).

Season finale next week.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft
    Likes Ivy, Cellmold liked this post

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Pretty accurate review:
    Better Call Saul: "Pimento" Review - IGN

I usually don't post open spoilers until 24 hours have passed, so I'll spoiler it... I just have to talk about this one.

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft
    Likes Ivy, Cellmold liked this post

Permabanned
    MBTI
    istp
    Enneagram
    gvf
    Socionics
    gfxd Ni

I will never like this show. Breaking Bad was too good, way too good in fact, to have a spinoff. Spinoffs should exist only to redeem lesser shows, not drain a certain element of imagination and mystery from elite ones. And Saul Goodman is such a great character! What a pity.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Stream View Post
    I will never like this show. Breaking Bad was too good, way too good in fact, to have a spinoff. Spinoffs should exist only to redeem lesser shows, not drain a certain element of imagination and mystery from elite ones. And Saul Goodman is such a great character! What a pity.
    Did you actually watch it?
    Or is this just some form of television activism?

I think calling it a "spinoff" is highly trivializing/marginalizing the show and not a term I'd use for it, after having seen all the current episodes.

Likes Ivy liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Stream View Post
    You mean Jimmy McGill. I don't think you have watched it because if you did, you would know that. I don't think it's even a spinoff, it's it's own show. It's a great show, better than BB even.

Quote Originally Posted by riva View Post
    The old cop is so cool.
    Agreed but in the back of my mind, he will always be this guy from Beverly Hills Cop.

I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.
    Likes Totenkindly, Ivy liked this post

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Wow. You mean he had hair, once upon a time? LMFAO.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    istp
    Enneagram
    gvf
    Socionics
    gfxd Ni

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    You mean Jimmy McGill. I don't think you have watched it because if you did, you would know that. I don't think it's even a spinoff, it's it's own show. It's a great show, better than BB even.

Agreed but in the back of my mind, he will always be this guy from Beverly Hills Cop.

I've known the characters real name sine BB thank you very much. His alias is just what I will be forever used to calling him. And for the record I've seen 1 solitary episode. Left me dry, though of course my preconceived prejudices played into that, not ashamed to admit it.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    istp
    Enneagram
    gvf
    Socionics
    gfxd Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Did you actually watch it?
    Or is this just some form of television activism?

I think calling it a "spinoff" is highly trivializing/marginalizing the show and not a term I'd use for it, after having seen all the current episodes.
    To your question: the latter for the most part lol

To your statement: Maybe so, but officially speaking and judging by how it has been advertised, it is indeed a spinoff.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

'SALL GOOD, MAN
    Likes swordpath liked this post

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• :hi:
  • :bye:
  • :)
  • :hug:
  • :happy2: