Thread: Better Call Saul (spoilers)

MBTI
    estp
    Enneagram
    7w?

Gonna watch this today Yo!

MBTI
    ISTx

Well now that both parts of the Pilot episode have shown, I can safely say this show definitely rules! The writing team for Breaking Bad / Better Call Saul are some glorious SOB's.
    Likes Ivy liked this post

MBTI
    INTp

I've only seen Ep 1, but yeah, entertaining. This series looks very promising despite the concept seeming anti-climatic. Good writing conquers all.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Just finished the second episode. I understand now why they wanted to air them back to back, two nights in a row, instead of waiting a week. That was quite a one-two punch! Very enjoyable. I'm definitely going to keep watching. I'd actually watch a whole hour of grumpy parking lot attendant Mike, but I do hope he gets some new shtick soon so he can say something besides "you need more stickers."
    Likes swordpath liked this post

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@ Array Totenkindly's Avatar
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Just finished the second episode. I understand now why they wanted to air them back to back, two nights in a row, instead of waiting a week. That was quite a one-two punch! Very enjoyable. I'm definitely going to keep watching. I'd actually watch a whole hour of grumpy parking lot attendant Mike, but I do hope he gets some new shtick soon so he can say something besides "you need more stickers."
    still, despite being a one-horse joke, it's a damn funny one... at least with Jimmy's responses. I just finished the episode a moment ago and I laugh at Jimmy just completely freaking out on him... while Mike just does the typical Mike thing and ignores his ranting.

The whole first half of the episode freaked me out... the impending violence of it. That was pretty dark, even while having some funny bits. Still, to see what Jimmy did there... that was rather amazing. He might just be a DA, but a DA is what was needed; he talked him down from total catastrophe to something manageable. And he could have just walked but stuck his head back in the lion's mouth so to speak because, well, he just couldn't leave. He's still got a heart.

I don't know if I can call him Jimmy. he's still Saul, to me. Hmm.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    estp
    Enneagram
    7w?

Watched the first episode.

It was nice. It's breaking bad nostalgia back again though a completely different plot.

It has a story that build on a story that build on a story that builds on a story.

Substitute story to plot.

I just want to say that Better Call Saul is not on TV here and I'm quite pissed off because I know by the time I get to see it I'm going to have already heard all about it.

Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@ Array Totenkindly's Avatar
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

About No-Doze:

EDIT: Interesting interview with Raymond Cruz (Tuco).
    Better Call Saul's Tuco Interview - Raymond Cruz Q&A - Esquire
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft
    Likes Ivy liked this post

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I've never seen a scene so morbid on a pilot episode.

It has potential.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    About No-Doze:

EDIT: Interesting interview with Raymond Cruz (Tuco).
    Better Call Saul's Tuco Interview - Raymond Cruz Q&A - Esquire
    That's interesting, and I didn't remember all the details of what had happened with No-Doze in BB. I'm going to need to brush up on the finer points of BB as I watch this, clearly.

I love the character actor who plays Tuco. He's also on another show (pair of shows, actually) that I watch- The Closer and its spin-off Major Crimes, where he plays a detective who is really quiet and buttoned-down but with a lot of anger simmering below the surface. It's really fun to see him play these two characters.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast