• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

To Kill a Mockingbird sequel?

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
According to this article, Harper Lee, author of To Kill a Mockingbird, is releasing a sequel of sorts, entitled Go Set a Watchman.

It was actually written before To Kill a Mockingbird, and is set 20 years after the events of that book. It features the character of Scout Finch as an adult, who returns to her home town to visit her father, Atticus.

To Kill a Mockingbird is one of my favorite books, and Atticus Finch one of my favorite literary characters. I'm definitely excited about this new book. What about you guys? Any thoughts?

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
You shouldnt kill a mockingbird :mad:

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
She's still alive? I thought the book came out in the 40s. I guess it's plausible maybe it came out in the 50s I dunno but I love to kill a mockinbird (yes I did read it, I'm just old right now and the decades and books are running together)

93JC

She's still alive? I thought the book came out in the 40s. I guess it's plausible maybe it came out in the 50s I dunno but I love to kill a mockinbird (yes I did read it, I'm just old right now and the decades and books are running together)

To Kill A Mockingbird was set in the 1930s, but written in the 1950s and published in 1960.

And yes, Harper Lee is still alive. She's 88 years old. You might be surprised to learn that J.D. Salinger, author of The Catcher in the Rye, died only five years ago at the age of 91.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
To Kill A Mockingbird was set in the 1930s, but written in the 1950s and published in 1960.

And yes, Harper Lee is still alive. She's 88 years old. You might be surprised to learn that J.D. Salinger, author of The Catcher in the Rye, died only five years ago at the age of 91.

Yeah I heard about when J.D. Salinger died

that makes sense that I'd think the 40s since decades are 10 years and it took place in the 30 and published in the 50s i just thought the 40s were left out and my subconsicous was like I DON"T FORGET ABOUT THE 40s!!!! so yeah