• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Goa and Psytrance + your thoughts about it

rhinosaur

Just a statistic
MBTI Type
INTP
I've never heard the term Goa before, but I like Infected Mushroom.

Also:
BT
Rabbit in the Moon
Sasha
Oakenfold
Sandra Collins
Etc.

Those are all big names, as far as I know. Some of their stuff probably qualifies more as normal trance than psytrance, but some of BT's stuff is more psytranceish. Rabbit in the Moon I think is definitely Psytrance. I'm not really into this genre much anymore, so I don't know most of the newer artists.

Also see Lotus. They combine a lot of elements of trance with rock, jazz, and funk to create a very mellow kind of jam.

Simplexity

MBTI Type
INTP
Yea I really like Infected mushroom. I haven't really heard to many others in those two genres tho, except for skazi which is decent I guess.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Heard of them before @Texas Faggott. If I go on with my youtubing career, I have seen em all really soon :).

GOA is a region in india, this music style originated from there. There are lovely festivals with the taste of woodstock freedom. Only problem is in india there are about 300.000 cases of hydrophobia a year, cause there are a lot of stray dogs. I would have been there by the time, if it wasnt for that :).

My favourite of infected is this one:

YouTube - Infected Mushroom - Suliman

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
My sister went to Goa last year and said it was as great as you would hope it would be. She didn't mention anything about rabies.

I like some Goa trance including Juno Reactor but typically my electronic tastes run more towards things like Bonobo and Amon Tobin.

aguanile

MBTI Type
IXXP
Enneagram
4w5
I LOVE Goa, but hate trance....go figure. Maybe that is because that is ALL they play there and everybody dances...(use a euphemism, use a euphemism) uniquely. ;)

Noel

MBTI Type
INFP
I like Infected Mushroom a lot.

Psytrance is the only trance I can listen to for more than an hour. I've been listening to a Goa/psy-trance station off of sky.fm under the di.fm channels - it's pretty good.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i like it too when i'm in the mood...i'm usually in more of a break beat mood though. :smile:

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I love any track, regardless of EDM (electronic dance music) genre so long as it has a good beat, melody, vocals, groove, etc.

I don't care if it's labeled techno, trance, breakbeats, house, psy, goa, whatever, if it's a FLOORFILLA than I'm all over it.

If you really want to go into a huge music research endeavor, look at the artist's names on the back of Oakenfold, Sasha, Digweed, etc. CDs and then research their other tracks on allmusic or Lavamus.com main page :: mp3 download and you will get alot of cross references to check out and find some pretty cool stuff usually. Other good sites to check out where you can research and buy music are www.junodownload.com and www.beatport.com. Lavamus is the cheapes (and its legal) at 15 cents per song.

Consider the following. Oakenfold, Sasha, Digweed, Armin Van Buren, etc. are primarily DJs and Re-Mixers. They take a track from a given artist and use it to create their own remix which is ultimately put onto one of their continuous mix CDs.

The nice thing is that since they are wroking with these artists they are given each individual track (either audio files or MIDI files) that was used to create the original song. Then they load it into their monster studio and run it through all their own bad ass equipment and give it a unique groove to their liking.

So, DJ/Producers have the luxury of being able to pick and choose which base material they wish to work with, mix it up ala their signature sound for their current project, and even incorporate their own stuff into it if they are indeed artists themselves. You can even do it in your own home if you have some basic equipment. I've been tinkering with my DAW (digital audio workstation) and DJing for awhile as it is a whole lot of fun:

picture.php

I've been into EDM since 1993, the city of Orlando, FL, where I was living at the time was basically a rave Mecca for a few years. I was exposed to so much good music and saw so many acts live, it was truly an awesome experience. We are now lucky that so much stuff is avaialble digitally as finding the vinyl of some of the classic stuff is very difficult and very expensive.

Party on!

:party2:

-Alex