User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i like it too when i'm in the mood...i'm usually in more of a break beat mood though.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Check out Astrix. He's pretty good.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Goa/Psytrance, do I really have to choose?

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

I love any track, regardless of EDM (electronic dance music) genre so long as it has a good beat, melody, vocals, groove, etc.

I don't care if it's labeled techno, trance, breakbeats, house, psy, goa, whatever, if it's a FLOORFILLA than I'm all over it.

If you really want to go into a huge music research endeavor, look at the artist's names on the back of Oakenfold, Sasha, Digweed, etc. CDs and then research their other tracks on allmusic or Lavamus.com main page :: mp3 download and you will get alot of cross references to check out and find some pretty cool stuff usually. Other good sites to check out where you can research and buy music are www.junodownload.com and www.beatport.com. Lavamus is the cheapes (and its legal) at 15 cents per song.

Consider the following. Oakenfold, Sasha, Digweed, Armin Van Buren, etc. are primarily DJs and Re-Mixers. They take a track from a given artist and use it to create their own remix which is ultimately put onto one of their continuous mix CDs.

The nice thing is that since they are wroking with these artists they are given each individual track (either audio files or MIDI files) that was used to create the original song. Then they load it into their monster studio and run it through all their own bad ass equipment and give it a unique groove to their liking.

So, DJ/Producers have the luxury of being able to pick and choose which base material they wish to work with, mix it up ala their signature sound for their current project, and even incorporate their own stuff into it if they are indeed artists themselves. You can even do it in your own home if you have some basic equipment. I've been tinkering with my DAW (digital audio workstation) and DJing for awhile as it is a whole lot of fun:

I've been into EDM since 1993, the city of Orlando, FL, where I was living at the time was basically a rave Mecca for a few years. I was exposed to so much good music and saw so many acts live, it was truly an awesome experience. We are now lucky that so much stuff is avaialble digitally as finding the vinyl of some of the classic stuff is very difficult and very expensive.

Party on!

-Alex

MBTI
    SEXY

Awesomeness to the max. If you check out Last.fm profile you'll notice that between al the prog metal and alternative rock a thing called Shpongle is what I listen to most, and Infected Mushroom is fifth in the same ranking.