User Tag List

12 Last

Default Dragon Age: Inquisition

All I can say is, wow! DA: I is probably one of the few games that made me stick to playing it for..... hours on end without being bored (no cheats.) I'm playing normal mode and just taking my time to get to know the story and the environment. The choices I took for the story went from weird to creeeeeeeeeeeeeepy. I hate spoiling it for others, but just in case.

I don't know what is the estimated clear-through time for this game, but considering my pace, I'd think maybe a solid 40 hours or so.....
    Likes Totenkindly liked this post

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

I tried to get into it. I just can't though. The gameplay style is not for me and I find it to be very frustrating and not satisfying. I can see that it's very good, and I would recommend the game, but it's definitely not for me.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I managed to snag it on sale for electronic download, but I've only played about half an hour so far since I haven't had a ton of time yet to play.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

The Green Jolly Robin H.
    MBTI
    ENTJ

4 party system ruined it for me.
    "i shut the door and in the morning
    it was open
    -the end"

Olemn slammed his hammer and from the sparks on the metal of his anvil came the spheres of the heavens.

Sayrah blew life into the spheres and they moved. From her wheel she weaved the names of people in to mystery.
    Likes Hard liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    I tried to get into it. I just can't though. The gameplay style is not for me and I find it to be very frustrating and not satisfying. I can see that it's very good, and I would recommend the game, but it's definitely not for me.
    The gameplay style can be frustating, yes. I think playing as a mage/rogue is easiest on mobs and bosses while playing as a tank is probably easier when taking care of rifts. I don't like ai tanks because ai tanks aren't that great. I can, for the majority of the time, ignore tacticals because the rest of my party are ranged, and I usually just grab aggro.

There isn't a more direct way to heal, which can be frustrating when I need to teleport back to camp to restock. Even at higher levels, the healing is lackluster (and you have to depend on what little potions you have.) Some would say it makes it more challenging (say.... compared to Fable.)

Quote Originally Posted by GarrotTheThief View Post
    4 party system ruined it for me.
    It's not too bad. I got used to having my main be as tank while I tag along 2 mages and a rogue.

I mostly got sucked into the game because the main storyline is pretty good, not to mention there is a whole storyline for different regions (I suppose.)

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I managed to snag it on sale for electronic download, but I've only played about half an hour so far since I haven't had a ton of time yet to play.
    Playing it casually, you'd have quite a lot of time to try to finish it. Finishing just a region on higher levels may take a day or two if you play casually. Just getting to the spoiler without skipping parts will take you a day or two :p (As in, playing a whole 24 hours.)
    Likes GarrotTheThief liked this post

Level 8 Propaganda Bot SpankyMcFly's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    461 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Rail Tracer View Post
    All I can say is, wow! DA: I is probably one of the few games that made me stick to playing it for..... hours on end without being bored (no cheats.) I'm playing normal mode and just taking my time to get to know the story and the environment. The choices I took for the story went from weird to creeeeeeeeeeeeeepy. I hate spoiling it for others, but just in case.

I don't know what is the estimated clear-through time for this game, but considering my pace, I'd think maybe a solid 40 hours or so.....
    Dragon Age has excellent voice over actors and the storyline is solid and fleshed out. I played through multiple times in the prior games for the story vs. the mechanics. The banter between party members hooked me, funny as hell and realistic'ish.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... Some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age. " - H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by SpankyMcFly View Post
    Dragon Age has excellent voice over actors and the storyline is solid and fleshed out. I played through multiple times in the prior games for the story vs. the mechanics. The banter between party members hooked me, funny as hell and realistic'ish.
    Yeah, While I haven't played this one, I'm a huge fan of DA1 and I did play through DA2 although it didn't stick with me as much (as it was more directed towards console players). I was always impressed by the story + voice acting and the characterizations of all the potential party members. The banter was pretty funny and gave a nice flavor to things.

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Quote Originally Posted by SpankyMcFly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Yeah, While I haven't played this one, I'm a huge fan of DA1 and I did play through DA2 although it didn't stick with me as much (as it was more directed towards console players). I was always impressed by the story + voice acting and the characterizations of all the potential party members. The banter was pretty funny and gave a nice flavor to things.
    DA2 did have a more point and click way of attacking (and auto-attacking) - it felt really weird. I did like the storytelling of DA2 though. It reminds me a bit of the GoT history/lore trailers.

Also, I especially like the dialogue between Varric and Cassandra (both cutscene and banter.) Those two are like complete opposites.

There's also a new addition in Inquisition that I loved when it came to the banter. You'll probably meet the person sooner or later if you continue.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Yay! more banter!

I'm just excited that it looks like Morrigan is back, and it was nice to see Leliana in the opening sequence.

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

I am LOVING this game. I'm about 20 hours or so into it. It took me a while to get used to the gameplay but once I did, I found it immensely enjoyable.

And yes...Morrigan is in the game, played once again by Claudia Black.
    "The man who is swimming against the stream knows the strength of it."
    ― Woodrow Wilson
    Likes Totenkindly, GarrotTheThief liked this post