User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Agreed. I thought it was a decent "intro" episode, since the later episodes seem to really dig into things. I did like the ending, where it was clear there were ramifications to his choices + the fact
    It's been quite a few months since I've watched any of the episodes, so I'm not sure if I'm remembering correctly, but
    Johari / Nohari

“That we are capable only of being what we are remains our unforgivable sin.” ― Gene Wolfe

reminder to self: "That YOU that you are so proud of is a story woven together by your interpreter module to account for as much of your behavior as it can incorporate, and it denies or rationalizes the rest." "Who's in Charge? Free Will and the Science of the Brain" by Michael S. Gazzaniga

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sp/so

The Christmas Special was brutal.
    Johari / Nohari

“That we are capable only of being what we are remains our unforgivable sin.” ― Gene Wolfe

reminder to self: "That YOU that you are so proud of is a story woven together by your interpreter module to account for as much of your behavior as it can incorporate, and it denies or rationalizes the rest." "Who's in Charge? Free Will and the Science of the Brain" by Michael S. Gazzaniga
    Likes Totenkindly liked this post

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sp/so

Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I've seen him in many things, and Hamm has this crazy ability to be likeable/ attractive with a hint of slime/sleaze, kind of like a smooth piece of cheesecake that you suspect has gone a bit bad and can confirm after you take a bite. (Yet you still might be tempted to take one more bite... or at least consider it.)
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft
    Likes Eilonwy liked this post

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I've seen him in many things, and Hamm has this crazy ability to be likeable/ attractive with a hint of slime/sleaze, kind of like a smooth piece of cheesecake that you suspect has gone a bit bad and can confirm after you take a bite. (Yet you still might be tempted to take one more bite... or at least consider it.)
    That is such a wonderful description!

Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    DEUS

Great show. Too bad they're so slow with the production of new seasons.
    ‘Many novelties have come from America. The most startling of these, a thing without precedent, is a mass of undignified poor. They do not love one another because they do not love themselves.’

‘And we will have made great strides in equality,
    when few have too much and fewer too little.’.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

This is a big deal: Apparently Netflix just picked up the series as producer, with Brooker and his company still creating the show. So he got funding for more episodes.

Black Mirror: Netflix to Produce New Episodes | Collider

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft
    Likes meowington liked this post

I watched two episodes and hated it.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    Great show. Too bad they're so slow with the production of new seasons.
    It's a uk thing. If a show is good, has great reviews, fans are eargerly waiting make sure to make only a mini series with less than 3 seasons and make sure the seasons are 2 years apart.

The fans have doctor who anyway. They wouldn't mind.

I actually enjoy it when usa picks these shows up. They produce more episodes and much faster. The quality might be a bit less though.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I don't think Netflix is going to rush Brooker and risk losing quality. They know what they've got, and it's quite a win for them even if it's more of a niche market.

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

I watched the White Bear episode, and it was pretty effective. I found it a little too intense. There's something about crowds hounding someone whose guilt or innocence is unclear that terrifies me.

I mean, I never saw any concrete evidence presented. Nobody provided it. It's impossible for a viewer who wasn't there to know what really happened, especially when neutral observers are so cagey about details.

I'm not sure I can watch another episode of this.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78
    Likes Wind Up Rex liked this post