• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The SCP Foundation

á´…eparted

passages
The SCP Foundation

Who here knows and loves the SCP Foundation? [MENTION=7]Jennifer[/MENTION] [MENTION=20955]johnnyyukon[/MENTION] I have a feeling you in particular will like this.

I have known of this site for a long time now, but I have never "understood" what it is (I felt like I needed to read a manual to "get" the website). The way I "figured it out" was by chance watching someone play a video game they made based off the wiki called SCP: Containment Breach.

Essentially what it is, is a made up foundation that "Secures, Contains, and Protects" the world from "anomolies" that appear. These anomolies are all given code names as SCP-#### (ranging from 001 to 9999, there are literally thousands). They're all written by people on the wiki, and are very often fully, or partially grounded in reality (and thus are relateable). Much of it is creepypasta stuff, and the majority is horror/scary, some are terrifying, but there are some funny, light hearted, or even happy things.

I have fallen in LOVE with this place! After reading the about the game, countless SCP's, last night I actually got spooked by it. I don't get scared by fantasy stuff. I actually did from this. It was minor, but for some reason it got to me. Granted, watching the game didn't help because I respond so badly to jump-scares.

Here's a few SCP's that are well known that are good starting points, and they're all fascinating:

SCP-106 "The Old Man" - This one I'd say is the scariest I've come across, and is also in the game.
SCP-999 "The Tickle Monster" - This thing is downright cute and I want to play with it!
SCP-342 "The Ticket" - Not scary itself, but what it does if used is really disturbing.
SCP-173 "The Sculpture" - Perhaps the best known of them.
SCP-294 "The Coffee Machine" - The ultimate coffee machine, that can make almost anything.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The Ticket is the worst so far for me. Great "test" descriptions.

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The SCP Foundation

Who here knows and loves the SCP Foundation? [MENTION=7]Jennifer[/MENTION] [MENTION=20955]johnnyyukon[/MENTION] I have a feeling you in particular will like this.

I have known of this site for a long time now, but I have never "understood" what it is (I felt like I needed to read a manual to "get" the website). The way I "figured it out" was by chance watching someone play a video game they made based off the wiki called SCP: Containment Breach.

Essentially what it is, is a made up foundation that "Secures, Contains, and Protects" the world from "anomolies" that appear. These anomolies are all given code names as SCP-#### (ranging from 001 to 9999, there are literally thousands). They're all written by people on the wiki, and are very often fully, or partially grounded in reality (and thus are relateable). Much of it is creepypasta stuff, and the majority is horror/scary, some are terrifying, but there are some funny, light hearted, or even happy things.

I have fallen in LOVE with this place! After reading the about the game, countless SCP's, last night I actually got spooked by it. I don't get scared by fantasy stuff. I actually did from this. It was minor, but for some reason it got to me. Granted, watching the game didn't help because I respond so badly to jump-scares.

Here's a few SCP's that are well known that are good starting points, and they're all fascinating:

SCP-106 "The Old Man" - This one I'd say is the scariest I've come across, and is also in the game.
SCP-999 "The Tickle Monster" - This thing is downright cute and I want to play with it!
SCP-342 "The Ticket" - Not scary itself, but what it does if used is really disturbing.
SCP-173 "The Sculpture" - Perhaps the best known of them.
SCP-294 "The Coffee Machine" - The ultimate coffee machine, that can make almost anything.

Ok, after 15 minutes of looking at the site, skimming the game video, looking at The Old Man, The Ticket, I still have no idea what this thing is. I'm lost and confused. ELI4

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think they just make up all this stuff like an "X-Files" style secret facility where all of these creatures or phenomena are stored/studied/recorded.

... or maybe it's all actually true, and they're publishing it as fiction in order to divert attention.

á´…eparted

passages
The Ticket is the worst so far for me. Great "test" descriptions.

SCP-106 got to me the most. The reason being is that I feel very protected by walls and small spaces. Openness makes me a little uneasy as there is no way to block a side and allow you to focus your attention over a smaller range. The idea that it can go through walls and can not be contained just really bothers me because my way of protection/feeling safe is invalid.

Ok, after 15 minutes of looking at the site, skimming the game video, looking at The Old Man, The Ticket, I still have no idea what this thing is. I'm lost and confused. ELI4

It confused me a lot at first a long tme ago when I found it. I just didn't "get it". This is the best I can explain it: Start with the premise that there is another universe very similar to ours, where supernatural, and supernatural-like things happen. But, they're super rare and there are special angencies that deal with them. The biggest being the SCP Foundation (Secure, Contain, Protect), which catalogs, tests, contains, promotes or destroys (if possible) these "supernatural" things that they call anomolies. These can be physical objects, sentient beings, places, alternate dimensions, viruses, etc. (and they all get given an identification number). Basically anything that doesn't exist, or isn't possible in our reality. The SCP Foundation website is essentially the data base of all the cataloged SCP's found. It explains how they are all contained, what effects they have, additional tests, and extra information that might need to be provided.

Think of it like a fanfiction website.

I think they just make up all this stuff like an "X-Files" style secret facility where all of these creatures or phenomena are stored/studied/recorded.

... or maybe it's all actually true, and they're publishing it as fiction in order to divert attention.

Yes, X-Files is a wonderful parallel to draw. Although this one is much more... unethical, haha.