• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Why does huffpost preface/suffix every title with "Here is"/"This is what happened."?

anticlimatic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
Why does huffpost preface/suffix every title with "Here is"/"This is what happened."?

"Here is"/"Here are."
"This is what happened."

What is with the fetish for these two phrases that are completely unnecessary in a 'news' article title? If you drop them, nothing is lost. So why use them, and why use them so frequently? Is this a Fi/Te thing I just don't understand or something?

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It's cheap clickbait.
Sadly, this ugly writing style is becoming more and more common. I recently saw an article in The New Republic titled "As the British Empire Was Falling Apart, Gandhi Gave This Advice to the Rest of Asia " - World history being treated on the same level as diet recommendations and pictures of kittens.

XKCD did a good parody of this:

headlines.png

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I suppose the informal tone helps the news sound more relevant in a day-to-day perspective. They are very into social justice stuff.

There's an implicit 'that's not an one time thing' when you state a fact after that.