User Tag List

First 41213141516 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Kas View Post
    Also I hope that Ray isn't the Luke daughter (too much of family story) and she is just new strong force in the universe, but we'll see.
    I read a theory somewhere that she's a Kenobi.
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth
    Likes Kas, asynartetic liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by anticlimatic View Post
    It's a Te/Fe thing. Te users enjoy the prequels because the total lack of characterization and interpersonal relationship dynamics doesn't bother them. They're more interested in broad, diverse, political dynamics (see also: game of thrones). To Te/Fi users 'more information in general' is more important than how, or how much of it, is presented. I got into an argument with an INTJ over how interesting of a character qui gon jin was. He seemed to have some pretty in depth knowledge on the character after having researched him through means I'm unaware of, and building an idea of the character in his head based on his role, his actions, and so forth. As a derpy Fe user, all I can use to get information on a character is how they interact with other characters. There is so much more of this going on in the Force Awakens than any of the prequels. I think you're generally likely to find the divide between favoring TFA/the original trilogy and the prequels to be along Te/Fi - Fe/Ti lines. [...]
    I disagree with your generalization in that just about every scene of the prequels was actively painful because of the bad writing, acting, and lack of enough portrayed humanity to even approach being relatable fictional characters. I did get that there was complexity on a big scale going on in the prequels, but I couldn't bring myself to care. "The Force Awakens" at least manages to introduce characters I care about. (And some of my FJ friends seem to be more forgiving of what I consider to be bad acting or unrealistic characterization than I do... but perhaps that's more about me than my type?)

I do agree with critiques about the plot being overly derivative. I also agree that there are FAR too many fortunate coincidence. Some might be explained away by Finn being force sensitive (so is guided by the force, even if he doesn't control it). I also agree that Rey seems overly accomplished... some of that can be explained by her having to learn to survive on her own, and I could also see a backstory in which she was one of the children who received Jedi training when very young. Alternatively, she could just be a supremely gifted "natural" in the force (which should prove to have its own problems).

At any rate, I enjoy TFA a great deal, even though I thought it was flawed in some ways. Certainly miles ahead of the prequels in all the ways that count.
    Likes SearchingforPeace, JocktheMotie liked this post

The Green Jolly Robin H.
    MBTI
    ENTJ

@highlander

I mean I feel like the movie was fun to watch but I would probably never watch it again.
    "i shut the door and in the morning
    it was open
    -the end"

Olemn slammed his hammer and from the sparks on the metal of his anvil came the spheres of the heavens.

Sayrah blew life into the spheres and they moved. From her wheel she weaved the names of people in to mystery.

MBTI
    INTP

I thought the most annoying fan service moment was when Han corrected Rey on exactly how many parsecs he made the Kessel run in. I assumed the kessel run was some kind of smuggling route way back in the day (before even IV), how the hell does Rey even know about it- let alone know enough about what it entails to be impressed? How is it still relevant at all? It was just thrown in there so the nerds could beat off to a moment of watching their hero be like them and correct other people's quotes.
    Likes asynartetic liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Up Rex View Post
    I like this theory better.
    “The world is full of obvious things which nobody by any chance ever observes." A.C. Doyle

I'm glad that Hayden Christensen is rumored to be in Episode 8. May the Force be with him.

I love how whiny people get when complaining about how whiny Anakin was.

Wouldn't that mean that Obi did the dirty and violated Jedi regulations to abstain from secks?

Quote Originally Posted by Anaximander View Post
    When Han was using Chewie's blaster, that was another instance of fan service where I felt Han was playing the role of fanboy thrown in the film. I found it hard to believe he'd never once used Chewie's rifle after decades together.
    I thought the same thing when I saw that scene.

On a random note, the actress who plays Rey reminds me a lot of Kiera Knightley, particularly her smile.

I'd also like to see the Star Trek Federation enter the Star Wars universe in some sort of interdimensional rift.
    Likes asynartetic liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by SearchingforPeace View Post
    That annoyed me. That was JJ Abrams being himself.....
    exactly.
    Likes SearchingforPeace liked this post

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Crabs View Post
    Wouldn't that mean that Obi did the dirty and violated Jedi regulations to abstain from secks?
    According to Reddit, Jedi are unable to marry, but aren't technically prohibited from boning.

Here's the article I read about it: Rey is a Kenobi.
    Likes Crabs liked this post

According to Reddit, Jedi are unable to marry, but aren't technically prohibited from boning.

Here's the article I read about it: Rey is a Kenobi.
    So the Jedi can have as much casual, meaningless sex as they want, as long as they don't fall in love or become emotionally attached?

I think Anakin was right about the Jedi. THEY are the agents of the dark side.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Crabs View Post
    So the Jedi can have as much casual, meaningless sex as they want, as long as they don't fall in love or become emotionally attached?
    From now on, instead of some long-winded, half-hearted excuse for my emotional unavailability, I will simply start telling people, "Look, I'm a Jedi. I should have been more upfront about how strong the Force is in my family."
    Likes Crabs, Ivy, N/A liked this post