User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: Jurassic World

Retired

Exclamation Jurassic World

thoughts?
    Last edited by Bellflower; 02-02-2015 at 11:46 AM.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

It looks absolutely ridiculous. I'm going to watch the hell out of it.

As a kid, I loved dinosaurs. When the first Jurassic Park film came out, I was eight years old, and it blew my mind. When it came out on VHS, I watched it until the tape wore out. To this day, I have never been that obsessed with a movie in my life. There's no way I'm not seeing the new one.

Also, I love Andy Dwyer. I mean Starlord. I mean Chris Pratt.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Here's the new version. It's interesting to see what they changed in the CGI at this point.

New Jurassic World Trailer Hides Improved CGI in Plain Sight | WIRED

Okay, and am I scanning this right, but it looks like Pratt's character is actually training the raptors to treat him as momma raptor and then riding them out to kill the new nasty big bad dino? If so... HELL YEAH BABY!

Quote Originally Posted by BadOctopus View Post

As a kid, I loved dinosaurs. When the first Jurassic Park film came out, I was eight years old, and it blew my mind. When it came out on VHS, I watched it until the tape wore out. To this day, I have never been that obsessed with a movie in my life. There's no way I'm not seeing the new one.
    I was married at that point, but I was just blown away seeing this in a theater. (And yeah, when I was in elementary school, my fields of obsession were (1) dinosaurs and (2) Greek and Norse mythology. I had a lot of plastic dinosaurs I would use as my playtoys, having them attack and devour my star wars figures at some point.)

Anyway, CGI was just starting a revolution at the time. T2 had pushed the limits -- it looks a little clunky today, but Cameron developed morph technology and took things to the next level. And then... the dinosaurs came out. And they looked like real dinosaurs. My jaw dropped watching that movie in the theater.

Yeah, I really like him too.

Quote Originally Posted by Floki View Post
    thoughts?
    I got a kick out of Mommy and Daddy telling Billy he was so brave to choose to go to dino camp.
    Oh, mommy, you have no idea... lol.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    9w8

shaking my head but I'm sure I'll watch it anyway

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

That prehistoric marine reptile (maybe a mosasaur? I can't believe I remember that name) looks awesome. Although a Megalodon would've been even better.
    Likes Totenkindly liked this post

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8 sx
    Socionics
    --- Te

That prehistoric marine reptile (maybe a mosasaur? I can't believe I remember that name) looks awesome. Although a Megalodon would've been even better.
    HOW THE F DO YOU KNOW ABOUT MEGALODON???
    Likes BadOctopus liked this post

That prehistoric marine reptile (maybe a mosasaur? I can't believe I remember that name) looks awesome.
    Grossly oversized mosasaur. Assuming that Great White shark is about 15 ft long (conservative guess) then that mosasaur would be, like, 150 ft long. That's many times longer than any actual mosasaur.

Then again it sounds like the premise of Jurassic World is that they're not just "bringing back" dinosaurs and other prehistoric animals for display but are instead monkeying around with the genetics to make entirely new creatures in the name of marketability and profits.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    583 sp/sx

Everyone who's anyone knows about megalodon.

My family has watched Jurassic Park so many times, we should use the logo in our coat of arms. So of course I'm gonna watch Jurassic World.
    Likes BadOctopus liked this post

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8 sx
    Socionics
    --- Te

First of all, Hollywood can't even produce a decent movie in the last decade.

Why in the hell do you wanna continue watching any of their stuff? This movie looks atrocious on the trailer.

Forget Jurassic. All the other ones were horrible.

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

I was huge on dinosaurs as a child too so I also adored the film.

It still makes me laugh when my mum recounts the story of taking me to see it for the first time and when everyone else was either shocked or a little scared by the T -rex apparently I was going "Cmon...eat em...get em tranno".

Tranno sounds a bit like a huge, cannibalistic transvestite...but still.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.