• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Jurassic World

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It looks absolutely ridiculous. I'm going to watch the hell out of it.

As a kid, I loved dinosaurs. When the first Jurassic Park film came out, I was eight years old, and it blew my mind. When it came out on VHS, I watched it until the tape wore out. To this day, I have never been that obsessed with a movie in my life. There's no way I'm not seeing the new one.

Also, I love Andy Dwyer. I mean Starlord. I mean Chris Pratt.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Here's the new version. It's interesting to see what they changed in the CGI at this point.

New Jurassic World Trailer Hides Improved CGI in Plain Sight | WIRED

Okay, and am I scanning this right, but it looks like Pratt's character is actually training the raptors to treat him as momma raptor and then riding them out to kill the new nasty big bad dino? If so... HELL YEAH BABY!

As a kid, I loved dinosaurs. When the first Jurassic Park film came out, I was eight years old, and it blew my mind. When it came out on VHS, I watched it until the tape wore out. To this day, I have never been that obsessed with a movie in my life. There's no way I'm not seeing the new one.

I was married at that point, but I was just blown away seeing this in a theater. (And yeah, when I was in elementary school, my fields of obsession were (1) dinosaurs and (2) Greek and Norse mythology. I had a lot of plastic dinosaurs I would use as my playtoys, having them attack and devour my star wars figures at some point.)

Anyway, CGI was just starting a revolution at the time. T2 had pushed the limits -- it looks a little clunky today, but Cameron developed morph technology and took things to the next level. And then... the dinosaurs came out. And they looked like real dinosaurs. My jaw dropped watching that movie in the theater.

Yeah, I really like him too.

thoughts?

I got a kick out of Mommy and Daddy telling Billy he was so brave to choose to go to dino camp.
Oh, mommy, you have no idea... lol.

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
That prehistoric marine reptile (maybe a mosasaur? I can't believe I remember that name) looks awesome. Although a Megalodon would've been even better.

AOA

♣️♦️♠️♥️
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
That prehistoric marine reptile (maybe a mosasaur? I can't believe I remember that name) looks awesome. Although a Megalodon would've been even better.

HOW THE F DO YOU KNOW ABOUT MEGALODON???

93JC

That prehistoric marine reptile (maybe a mosasaur? I can't believe I remember that name) looks awesome.

Grossly oversized mosasaur. Assuming that Great White shark is about 15 ft long (conservative guess) then that mosasaur would be, like, 150 ft long. That's many times longer than any actual mosasaur.

Then again it sounds like the premise of Jurassic World is that they're not just "bringing back" dinosaurs and other prehistoric animals for display but are instead monkeying around with the genetics to make entirely new creatures in the name of marketability and profits.

Ghost

Megustalations
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Everyone who's anyone knows about megalodon.

My family has watched Jurassic Park so many times, we should use the logo in our coat of arms. So of course I'm gonna watch Jurassic World.

AOA

♣️♦️♠️♥️
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
First of all, Hollywood can't even produce a decent movie in the last decade. :laugh:

Why in the hell do you wanna continue watching any of their stuff? This movie looks atrocious on the trailer.

Forget Jurassic. All the other ones were horrible.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance

I was huge on dinosaurs as a child too so I also adored the film.

It still makes me laugh when my mum recounts the story of taking me to see it for the first time and when everyone else was either shocked or a little scared by the T -rex apparently I was going "Cmon...eat em...get em tranno".

Tranno sounds a bit like a huge, cannibalistic transvestite...but still.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It still makes me laugh when my mum recounts the story of taking me to see it for the first time and when everyone else was either shocked or a little scared by the T -rex apparently I was going "Cmon...eat em...get em tranno".

Tranno sounds a bit like a huge, cannibalistic transvestite...but still.

I was still in awe of the moment when the tranno is chasing the jeep and runs right through that downed tree / huge branch without stopping. it just seems to explode into splinters and it keeps coming.

That rocked so bad.

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I was still in awe of the moment when the tranno is chasing the jeep and runs right through that downed tree / huge branch without stopping. it just seems to explode into splinters and it keeps coming.

That rocked so bad.
I do love that part. Especially when Ellie is yelling "SHIT! SHIT! SHIIIT!" lol

I was more enthralled with the raptors, though. That malevolent intelligence. Damn, they were cool.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Okay, and am I scanning this right, but it looks like Pratt's character is actually training the raptors to treat him as momma raptor and then riding them out to kill the new nasty big bad dino? If so... HELL YEAH BABY!

When I heard a new jurassic movie was coming I was like "Meh, only really liked the first one."

But when I saw that I was like "Ooh, I do want to see that!".

:D

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
A little unsure about the movie, based on the clip I saw of Howard and Pratt... the dialogue felt a little clumsy to me.

But hey, we've got posters:

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
A little unsure about the movie, based on the clip I saw of Howard and Pratt... the dialogue felt a little clumsy to me.

But hey, we've got posters:

I have a bad feeling about this. I also thought the giant CGI shark in the trailer looked terrible. The dinosaurs in the original Jurassic Park looked more convincing (granted, not all of that was CGI.

There was nothing about the trailer that made me go "hey, I wanna go see that." I'm not sure that there's much potential in dinosaurs running amok in a park full of people. This kind of thing usually works better when people are isolated. Consider the original Jurassic Park, or the original Alien. It's sort of a "man vs. nature" theme, and the best way to do that is to get man away from too many people, and put them out into the "wild" of some sort. (That is, away from civilization.)

I think this well has dried up.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah, that's my mixed feelings. First trailer looked kinda cool, but that clip that showed actual prolonged footage... meh. Just not sure if the "jokey" Pratt demeanor will mesh well.

And they've had a bomb or two since the first. So.. is it a bomb or is it something more?

The first Jurrasic Park is still pretty amazing. It was one of the first movies with the "new CGI," it was a huge jump in what had been capable, and the dinosaurs were astonishing. Still remember that first gasp when I saw them on the screen.