Thread: Jurassic World

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by pixie sticks View Post
    ...i hope they don't have any cheesy action sequences intended to build suspense while inevitably sparing the lives of the main cast (e.g., velociraptor attacks person and gnaws on her backpack instead of her head...and she escapes; or little girl defeats several raptors by doing gymnastics.)
    I think this is a job for ... Lara Croft.

!!! TOMB RAIDER PARK !!!

... where mediocre movie meets mediocre movie and no one knows what the offspring will look like.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I think this is a job for ... Lara Croft.

... where mediocre movie meets mediocre movie and no one knows what the offspring will look like.
    supposedly a reboot is in the works based on the most recent game. hopefully it turns out better than its predecessors.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    2w5 sx

The acting in that trailor looks horrendous

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by pixie sticks View Post
    supposedly a reboot is in the works based on the most recent game. hopefully it turns out better than its predecessors.
    Do you mean the Lara Croft movies?

I hope so. Angelina Jolie sure looked and acted the part, but the movies themselves were terrible. Meanwhile, the reboot / pre-game with her as a teenager was just a very tremendous game, very high game reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty6226 View Post
    The acting in that trailor looks horrendous
    You found some acting?

Which frame?

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Do you mean the Lara Croft movies?

I hope so. Angelina Jolie sure looked and acted the part, but the movies themselves were terrible. Meanwhile, the reboot / pre-game with her as a teenager was just a very tremendous game, very high game reviews.
    yeah, lara croft in the jolie movies was a bit too over-sexualized and focused on fashion to be taken seriously as a famed adventurer/archaeologist.

of course, that was partly because she was over-sexualized in the original games. there's a lot of potential to make a respectable franchise out of the reboot if they lay off the cheesy, unrealistic stunts. that's what annoyed the most about the indiana jones series; not the supernatural elements, but the absurdly cartoonish action sequences.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8 sx
    Socionics
    --- Te

When Spinosaurus killed T-rex.

I think that's when things got a little interesting.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Looks like the review embargo has finally lifted and now commentaries are pouring onto the Internet in last-minute prep for this week's release. And the world collectively says... meh.

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/s/revie...130015878.html

EDIT: Hmmm, the RT rank edged up to 71%. Pretty much "Go, enjoy, don't expect too much, good for what it is."
    Last edited by Bellflower; 06-11-2015 at 11:35 PM.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Finally saw this today (IMAX 3D).

it was fun but without as much depth as the first movie basically.

Things I liked (and yes, there are spoilers):

Things I hated:

I also witnessed the power of editing, once again.

That stupid clip of Claire and Owen talking, released shortly before the film came out, where he sounds like a misogynist ass? Turns out that that scene comes after both of their characters are established in the movie, and by that point we know she's kind of a workaholic flake and he's actually a pretty decent / respectful human being, so in the movie it comes off more like he's just taking a few deserved pokes at her because she was such a flake on their single date, just to needle her a little.

--

I thought I recognized the boys. The eldest was the lead in the movie, "The Kings of Summer."

The younger one was the son in the Insidious movies.

Finally saw this today (IMAX 3D).

it was fun but without as much depth as the first movie basically.
    definitely worth seeing in imax. too bad it lacks the spielbergian touch.

this is the second time that bryce dallas howard and judy greer have played sisters, the first being 'the village'.

things i liked and disliked (off the top of my head)

Likes Totenkindly liked this post

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Yeah, we have mainly the same list, and there were things you mention that I didn't quite specify that I had the same opinion of.

There should have been a LOT of deaths. And not just from dinosaurs, but heart attacks, people getting trampled, etc.

About Claire and the paddock: