First 12345 Last

Thread: Jurassic World

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    583 sp/sx

I don't even know.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Looks horrible. Dialogue is hideous. They need to stop showing trailers.

Likes Mace liked this post

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

It's sad when a high point is seeing BD Wong back (for continuity), albeit with grey at the temples.

So, what, can the Big Bad now talk to the pterodactyls?
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

i'm looking forward to it. the storyline sounds better than the last two sequels. too bad it doesn't have an R rating. i'm tired of seeing these vicious monsters being all politically correct and not killing women and children. not that i want to see women and children getting killed, but in the wild, it's usually the most vulnerable who get eaten first. even jaws understood this; although in shark-infested waters, pretty much everyone is equally f*cked. with this huge crowd of visitors, it's going to be really stupid and redundant if the dinosaurs run around picking off adult males like a buffet. aside from that, i hope they don't have any cheesy action sequences intended to build suspense while inevitably sparing the lives of the main cast (e.g., velociraptor attacks person and gnaws on her backpack instead of her head...and she escapes; or little girl defeats several raptors by doing gymnastics.)

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    583 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by pixie sticks View Post
    little girl defeats several raptors by doing gymnastics.
    Damn, and here I thought full twisting triple back somersault was the surest way to defeat them.

Back to the drawing board.
    Likes BadOctopus liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

I'm seeing it; I don't even care how stupid it looks. I have a love of dinosaurs that goes back to my childhood. Dinosaurs eating people = yes.

Still, it'd be nice if they didn't make everything CGI. The animatronics were what made the original Jurassic Park so great.
    Likes Crabs liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    2w5 sx

Jurrasic Universe! Mine! I came up with it, I have proof now, and I get the royalties! Or or or... Jurassic Galaxy!! Where the dinosaurs travel from planet to planet! Yeah! Our dinosaurs see that the meteor is coming, so they have to formulate a plot to save themselves and their futures so they force all of the pterydactyls to lift them off and carry them out into outer space and then they travel from planet to planet to search for a place to live and along the way! And since the dinosaurs have left then that means that the humans are able to thrive, but now the dinosaurs are getting homesick so they decide to come back and we end up having to fight the dinosaurs in DINO WAR I or the WAR BETWEEN the SPECIES and thats what the movie will be about.

Or maybeee the dinosaurs can be the planets and because of all the pollution and global warming the Tyrannasourus EARTH wakes up and it wants to destroy usss... -hmm wait actually that sounds like the plot to some other movie that I saw where the guy came to eart and said that he was here to save earth but he was actually coming to save earth from the humans and no one knew until the end and they had to like convince him of how special the humans were by showing like the power of love or something and he was kinda like uhhh fine Ill let u guys live as long as you become like feral and live off the land.

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty6226 View Post
    Jurrasic Universe! Mine! I came up with it, I have proof now, and I get the royalties! Or or or... Jurassic Galaxy!! Where the dinosaurs travel from planet to planet!
    someone in the comments section on youtube beat you to it. i interpreted the title of the film to be like sea world, rather than dinosaurs taking over the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Damn, and here I thought full twisting triple back somersault was the surest way to defeat them.

Back to the drawing board.
    i was referring to a scene from the lost world. having found the clip, however, i stand corrected; it was one velociraptor, not several. and the backpack scenario was in that film, as well.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    583 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by pixie sticks View Post
    i was referring to a scene from the lost world.
    Wow. If I ever saw that movie, I've repressed it entirely. That's probably for the best.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8 sx
    Socionics
    --- Te

If y'all are serious on watching this movie then y'all can drop dead.

It immediately looks like an abomination.
    @JocktheMotie

Yes, the dialogue is atrocious. Anyone educated will know that straight off the bat.