• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Over the Garden Wall

á´…eparted

passages
Who has watched this 10 episode cartoon miniseries? I had been waiting for it for a while (Rebecca Sugar, creator of Steven Universe had been making noise about it which is how I found out about it), and holy crap is this good. One of the best cartoons I have watched in a long time. Storyboard writers from Adventure Time teamed up to make this. Elijah Wood voices one of the main characters too.

I can't really explain the story too much without giving it away. The best I can say is it involves two brothers making their way through the woods to get back home. It is the most perfect blend of dark, funny, eerie, and depth I have found in a long time. The animation is so top notch too. They put so much small detail in everything that really brings it together.

So, who's seen it and absolutely loves it?! They have the first episode up on youtube for free! I really really highly recommend it.

Tagging people who I think might like it (if they haven't already seen it): [MENTION=22109]Evee[/MENTION], [MENTION=17131]Chanaynay[/MENTION], [MENTION=18819]five sounds[/MENTION], [MENTION=2]Ivy[/MENTION], [MENTION=23213]GarrotTheThief[/MENTION], [MENTION=9273]Vasilisa[/MENTION], [MENTION=6163]ReadingRainbows[/MENTION].

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I've seen this on Tumblr but never considered watching it because it doesn't look like my thing.

I watched the video though. :D I like the older brother and the dog (but I guess the dog isn't gonna make another appearance).

Other than that, I didn't laugh. :shrug: Except for the part where the little kid is like "IT'S A ROCK FACT" idk why. I think I'd appreciate the art style more if they delivered more humor with the dialogue, but for now it just seems cutesy.

I guess it's a little tame for me. But I can see why some would like it! I guess I'm too accustomed to anime now, but some western cartoons that are more up my alley in my experience are Tom & Jerry, Looney Tunes, Kim Possible, Teen Titans, Avatar the Last Airbender/Legend of Korra, Danny Phantom, 6teen, Totally Spies, Powerpuff Girls, Ed, Edd, 'n Eddy, or Courage the Cowardly Dog. This reminds me more of something like...Flapjack. But who knows it may not be my style and it just doesn't jive with me.

If I can stream another episode or two I'll still give it a shot. Thanks for the suggestion. :yes:

á´…eparted

passages
I've seen this on Tumblr but never considered watching it because it doesn't look like my thing.

I watched the video though. :D I like the older brother and the dog (but I guess the dog isn't gonna make another appearance).

Other than that, I didn't laugh. :shrug: Except for the part where the little kid is like "IT'S A ROCK FACT" idk why. I think I'd appreciate the art style more if they delivered more humor with the dialogue, but for now it just seems cutesy.

I guess it's a little tame for me. But I can see why some would like it! I guess I'm too accustomed to anime now, but some western cartoons that are more up my alley in my experience are Tom & Jerry, Looney Tunes, Kim Possible, Teen Titans, Avatar the Last Airbender/Legend of Korra, Danny Phantom, 6teen, Totally Spies, Powerpuff Girls, Ed, Edd, 'n Eddy, or Courage the Cowardly Dog. This reminds me more of something like...Flapjack. But who knows it may not be my style and it just doesn't jive with me.

If I can stream another episode or two I'll still give it a shot. Thanks for the suggestion. :yes:

Yes it is very paralled to Flapjack and I LOOOOOVE flapjack! I was so sad when it was canceled. I don't actually laugh much at Over the Garden Wall (to me the humor is just an extra layer that sounds it out). I am more just enthralled with the mood, tone, style, and story that it tells. I actually seldom watch tv or movies for the lulz (I'm not a very humerous person).

Ah, most of those shows I am not a big fan of (I flat out hate tom and jerry). I do LOVE Courage though. One of my all time favorite shows.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Yes it is very paralled to Flapjack and I LOOOOOVE flapjack! I was so sad when it was canceled. I don't actually laugh much at Over the Garden Wall (to me the humor is just an extra layer that sounds it out). I am more just enthralled with the mood, tone, style, and story that it tells. I actually seldom watch tv or movies for the lulz (I'm not a very humerous person).

Ah, see I usually start watching western stuff for just lighthearted entertainment. Although some of the shows I listed turn out to be surprisingly dramatic and emotional like Teen Titans, ATLA, or Courage. Here's one of my favorites. :D

But yeah, even though I didn't enjoy the first episode that much I'm willing to continue watching for the MC. He seems like a giant lovable nerd so watching him develop might be cool. :)

Masokissed

Spoiled Brat 🍒
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Bump. I absolutely loved it and feel like it hasn't gotten enough attention.

á´…eparted

passages
Bump. I absolutely loved it and feel like it hasn't gotten enough attention.

It's in the same vein as several other well loved shows.

tumblr_np8x0pfjBF1r21s24o1_500.gif
tumblr_np8x0pfjBF1r21s24o2_500.gif

tumblr_np8x0pfjBF1r21s24o3_500.gif
tumblr_np8x0pfjBF1r21s24o4_r1_500.gif

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've heard good things. I am definitely putting this on my list.