User Tag List

First 7891011 Last

Aha,China will take the first place of Golden Medal Standings...
    Two things fill the mind with ever new and increasing admiration and awe, the more often and steadily we reflect upon them: the starry heavens above me and the moral law within me. --Kant

Enneagram: 5?1
    Functional Strengths: Ni, Te, Fi, Ti, Si, Fe, Ne, Se

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Will? They've been in the lead since day 1 or close to it. Thanks in part to the underage gymmasts. Hey, at least our athletes get to fly home to America. Plus we have half the golds with a quarter the population.

But the Russians took first place in my book. I'm not ashamed to say that watching this live was a religious experience: http://i38.tinypic.com/ipbimb.jpg

MBTI
    INXP

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Plus we have half the golds with a quarter the population.
    Not as well as the Brits, but a reasonable performance

MBTI
    intp

Yeah it was.

She was adorable when they talked to her after the finish. I forgot her name though.
    Shelly-Ann Fraser

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    Team GB finally punching above their weight. For a little country, we rock. Especially at all the posh sports like sailing
    I think I read that, with the last gold medal in track that it won, GB now has had its best Olympics in a century.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Usain Bolt decimated the field in the Men's track 100m final. He was 2 to 3 meters ahead at the line. I don't know if they've done the 200m yet, but he either won it or he's going to.
    He just broke the world record in the 200m. I wouldn't be surprised if he wins the 400 as well.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

One of the Chinese divers looks emaciated. She said she was moved from gymnastics to diving because she "doesn't like to eat" and "keeps her weight down". That poor girl looks horrible. Why is no one intervening? Her teammate looks perfectly fine, typical rangy Asian little girl with some proper padding on her.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

He just broke the world record in the 200m. I wouldn't be surprised if he wins the 400 as well.
    If he does take gold for the 400, then he really will have a historic claim to make.

In other news, the USA women's beach volleyball team became the first team to win gold back-to-back. They also have some ridiculous winning streak, like 108 games. I'm not even sure if they lost a set in these Olympic. Let me see that I'm quite disappointed that they won. I don't know about you, but I'm one of those people that really hates it when a team dominates. I feel like there's nothing to watch when it's so one sided, and I get reallu tired of hearing about the winning team. The same thing happened for me with the Yankees years ago.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

They said on TV that May and Walsh haven't lost a set at the Olympics, 2004 or 2008.

I get tired of the repeated hypberbole in sports coverage. When I see something special, I don't need to be reminded again and again that it's special. But I don't necessarily mind dominance if it's based on talent (and not money like it may be in baseball).

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    If he does take gold for the 400, then he really will have a historic claim to make.

In other news, the USA women's beach volleyball team became the first team to win gold back-to-back. They also have some ridiculous winning streak, like 108 games. I'm not even sure if they lost a set in these Olympic. Let me see that I'm quite disappointed that they won. I don't know about you, but I'm one of those people that really hates it when a team dominates. I feel like there's nothing to watch when it's so one sided, and I get reallu tired of hearing about the winning team. The same thing happened for me with the Yankees years ago.
    Domination is so rare. If it happens involving people/teams I don't care about (like the Olympics) I like to see it.

Unless there is a huge underdog upset. But you can't get those without domination first.

MBTI
    INXP

Those american athletes need some practices on the baton changes. Ok, so do the Brits... but not quite as awful