User Tag List

First 34567 Last

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Falcarius View Post
    It is about time they did, a country of their size and population should really win more.
    Well, Samual has already covered it much better than I could, but indeed, India has a comperable population to China, but the spirit is entirely different.
    One can't assume that the same size will yield the same results.

Domestic culture aside, it's kind of funny how you can compare a country's foreign policy to its place in the olympics. It just doesn't seem like a country that was a part of the non-alignment movement would be an olympic juggernaut, you know? But Russia, China, and the USA. No surprise that they'd put so much effort into beating other countries in even the most symbolicly petty way.

*About Russia: They are really sucking this year! Too busy with Georgia or something?
    Go to sleep, iguana.

Quote Originally Posted by Colors View Post
    Just saw Jason Leezak's amazing catch-up to Bernard (France) in the final leg of the 4x100m relay. Amazing. 0.08sec ahead!
    I used my DVR to do a stop motion frame-by-frame of the touch. Man that was close. Leezak definitely won. I know people knew that already, but I really had to go frame by frame to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    *About Russia: They are really sucking this year! Too busy with Georgia or something?
    Yeah, I think the Today Show's economist guest (Andrew Bernard) will be tuning his economic model after this. What is the medal count anyway?

OK, here it is:
    Overall Medal Standings - The official website of the BEIJING 2008 Olympic Games

Upon review, Russia isn't doing THAT bad. Just not a headliner.

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Basically, Russia is sucking by Russian standards.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

The Olympics are so cool. I really feel the highs and the lows, even the highs and the lows of the other countries. Sometimes, when a player does something really worth clapping for, I just wish they could HEAR my clapping.

Edited to clarify: I don't clap, but I wish they could hear my clapping and know that I'm impressed and supportive of them.
    They're running just like you
    For you, and I, wooo
    So people, people, need some good ol' love

Scream down the boulevard LadyJaye's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jae Rae View Post
    Yes, it was magnificent. I've been really loving the swimming, men's and women's.
    One must admit that the male swimmers have physiques that are really easy on the eyes. ^..^ Meowsah!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by LadyJaye View Post
    One must admit that the male swimmers have physiques that are really easy on the eyes. ^..^ Meowsah!
    My interest in women's volleyball may have increased for similar reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyJaye View Post
    All male Olympians have figures that are easy on the eyes. Swimming, tennis, basketball, gymnastics, etc.

Tsk, tsk, padawan.
    They're running just like you
    For you, and I, wooo
    So people, people, need some good ol' love

It's always something... PuddleRiver's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Greatest Olympian In modern history! Way to go Phelps!
    Last edited by PuddleRiver; 08-14-2008 at 12:26 AM. Reason: typo and other stuff
    "In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay one invincible summer."
    ~~~~
    A Christian's life may be the only Bible some people ever read.
    ~~~~
    "The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them" Maya Angelou.
    ~~~~
    I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ" Gandhi
    ~~~~

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Mempy View Post
    All male Olympians have figures that are easy on the eyes. Swimming, tennis, basketball, gymnastics, etc.

Tsk, tsk, padawan.
    They have different types of physiques though, physiques whose differences may be more or less attractive to people with different aesthetic tastes... gymnasts have flexible bodies but packed with obscure musculature which throws some people off, particularly with the male gymnasts, who often look very "compressed"... swimmers have the super svelte look with the characteristic "V"-shape and trim muscles... most tennis players aren't particularly ripped, though they're in super shape (Nadal and the Williams' sisters are notable exceptions that highlight the rule). Basketball players tend to look a lot more muscled, like sprinters... long distance runners are often unbearably skinny (as opposed to slim).

Tsk, tsk, padawan.
    Madman's azure lie: a zen miasma ruled.

Realize us, Madman!

I razed a slum, Amen.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

One thing I noticed is that the US women's gymnastic team is all smoking hot.