User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by Colors View Post
    I saw plenty of rowing this morning...?
    It was twice as good when NBC's commentary track went dead for five minutes. I could actually focus on the race.

MBTI
    INTP

Default Take that Frenchies

That's what you get when you talk smack to the USA men's swimming team.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Japanese only got silver for the Men's gymnastic team. Foo!
    Well, we'll see how they do for the individual competition.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Jonathan Horton was perfect on every apparatus I saw. If he has another day like that he'll win some Golds.

MBTI
    ENTP

Even though I'm American, my Indian heritage compels me to give Abhinav Bindra props for winning India its first-ever individual Olympic gold medal... he won gold in the 10-meter air rifle event... pretty cool...
    Madman's azure lie: a zen miasma ruled.

Realize us, Madman!

I razed a slum, Amen.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

But Raj and Tan really took a chunk out of the team's over-all score on the pommel horse. Even if they didn't mess up, they had some uninspired routines. They better be buying Artemev a lot of stuff on the house. He was the only good dude with the pommel horse.

And what was the deal with Hagerty? Totally messed up on the mat.

Horton had better do good, because I'm starting to think he's the only one that's gold material. That is, he'd better do good for the USA. I'd love to see them lose, of course.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5x/o

But Raj and Tan really took a chunk out of the team's over-all score on the pommel horse. Even if they didn't mess up, they had some uninspired routines. They better be buying Artemev a lot of stuff on the house. He was the only good dude with the pommel horse.

And what was the deal with Hagerty? Totally messed up on the mat.

Horton had better do good, because I'm starting to think he's the only one that's gold material. That is, he'd better do good for the USA. I'd love to see them lose, of course.
    Kinda glad the Hamms bowed out and was really impressed by the men's gymnastic team. I'd forgotten that men's gymnastics doesn't have the bizarre and awkward "dancing" action on the floor exercises (like the poor female gymnastics does). China looked really good on the parallel bars... Japan looked really good on the high bar.

Horton was awesome. (Is the team captain always the shortest person?)

The Unwieldy Clawed One Falcarius's Avatar
    MBTI
    COOL
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Dino None

Quote Originally Posted by Samuel De Mazarin View Post
    Even though I'm American, my Indian heritage compels me to give Abhinav Bindra props for winning India its first-ever individual Olympic gold medal... he won gold in the 10-meter air rifle event... pretty cool...
    It is about time they did, a country of their size and population should really win more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalassa View Post
    Oh our 3rd person reference to ourselves denotes nothing more than we realize we are epic characters on the forum.

Narcissism, plain and simple.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Falcarius View Post
    It is about time they did, a country of their size and population should really win more.
    You forget that since the departure of the blood-sucking British Empire, and due to internal squabbles and corrupt politics, plus the overwhelming conservatism of families all around India, and the lack of a proper infrastructure for the propagation of world-class athletics, India has been much more focused on economics and class struggles than on sports. In other words, India doesn't have a sports culture and, needless to say, the concomitant sports infrastructure.

A common problem in India with a great athlete is that he's totally beaten down by parents who say, "What? Running? I'll have none of this sprinting-frinting nonsense... you finish your school and get high marks, study, and get a good proper job..."

Even those parents who are supportive rarely have enough money to send their kids abroad for training, because the government doesn't put much money into proper sports training within the country.

__________________________________________________ _

I don't know... you're not really wrong, Falcarius, in calling attention to their size and population, but there's a lot more going on, including the fact that 70% of that massive population is rural and 95% of the population is ultra-conservative and considers sports a waste of time when it comes to their own children. India's only recently beginning to buck up and put more emphasis on sports outside of cricket (they've gone downhill in field hockey, which was their sole source of Olympic golds, since the 70's)...
    Madman's azure lie: a zen miasma ruled.

Realize us, Madman!

I razed a slum, Amen.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Schizm View Post
    That's what you get when you talk smack to the USA men's swimming team.
    Yes, it was magnificent. I've been really loving the swimming, men's and women's.
    Proud Female Rider in Maverick's Bike Club.