User Tag List

First 12

Thread: Feedback Wanted

MBTI
    intj

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Yeah, it's complicated like a Facebook relationship, lol. Every 33 years is when the comet comes through, but the dust trail is always there so we see showers every year. They tend to be more spectacular on the 33rd years, but it's not because of the trail the comet leaves that year- the 1833 showers happened because Earth passed through the trail left in 1800. Any ideas on how to simplify that?
    The most spectacular Leonid meteor shower occurs when a 33-years-old trail most closely following the orbit of the Earth is not disturbed by other planets, if I'm understanding things. So it's the two issues: how closely the trail follows the orbit of the Earth and how intact it is.

If the Earth passes through an individual trail, the Leonid meteor shower can be seen clearly in the night sky. If that trail has not yet been scattered by passing planets, the shower may be as amazing as the one seen in 1833.
    The following passage may explain things better, but it's slightly too long to fit.
    Every year there is a shower, but the most spectacular showers happen when the Earth's orbit most closely aligns with the trail left by the comet. If this trail has not been disturbed by other planets for 33 years, a meteor shower like that of 1833 will occur.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I think Jae Rae helped me trim it enough so that will fit. I need to make sure we're understanding it correctly but it WILL fit.

THANKS!
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    intj

If the Earth passes through an individual trail, the Leonid meteor shower can be seen clearly in the night sky. If that trail is the one left when the comet most closely follows the Earth's orbit and it has not yet been scattered by passing planets, the shower may be as amazing as the one seen in 1833.
    Alternative text.

My internet connection is slow. No more ideas from me tonight. Great passage, Ivy.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

That is almost word-for-word what I tweaked your earlier one to say.

You're all awesome!
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii