User Tag List

First 234

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by cm81 View Post
    This is what I think about silence regarding the matter: "if silence "atrophies compassion", the compassion was either never there, or someone's lying through their inactions. Love is more powerful than this." There is always something internal, and it is far from silent. This is where the intuition becomes powerful.

Circles. They say perfect circles do not exist in nature. (Apparently, there's a circle drawing contest every year! Da Vinci is thought to be the only person to have ever drawn one, once, in his illustration of the Virtruvian Man--Ironic) It exists in math... and I argue, it is love. There are no sides. It is complete. It is our existential schisms that keep us from seeing it for the fullness that it is. (And our narcissism that misdirects us from finding it)
    Eh, yes. Ego is the problem. I am currently in the phase of a major life transformation, and this phase lasts only a lifetime, weird. It turns out, life is transformation. But from what to what. To psychiatric clinic or to the everlasting balanace, don't know. Maybe both. Maybe neither. Tc, Tc.

There's no perfect circle, 'cause there is always certain degree, certain straight line, so, even abstractly, If you try to imagine or draw a circle, you get to the spot.
    Likes GarrotTheThief liked this post

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    714 sx/sp
    Socionics
    infj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by hacbad macbar View Post
    Eh, yes. Ego is the problem. I am currently in the phase of a major life transformation, and this phase lasts only a lifetime, weird. It turns out, life is transformation. But from what to what. To psychiatric clinic or to the everlasting balanace, don't know. Maybe both. Maybe neither. Tc, Tc.

There's no perfect circle, 'cause there is always certain degree, certain straight line, so, even abstractly, If you try to imagine or draw a circle, you get to the spot.
    MATH! love. Ego... I think I'll have a beer. Ciao~

"The true genius shudders at incompleteness, preferring silence to everything that it should be." Edgar Allen Poe

"There's a magic inside,
    Just waiting to burst out.
    There world is a goldmine-
    That will melt tomorrow."M83
    Likes hacbad macbar liked this post

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

It's about so much more than that. Also think about the questionable morality of the people surrounding him. It's pretty much a commentary on the general awfulness of people. I read it in high school and again in college, and in college I wrote a paper on the ethics of that novel, and made an A for the semester despite missing about 1/3 of the class.

I don't relate to Mersault. I have the ability to read literature and watch film without having to like or identify with any of the characters but am able to still identify in them the dynamics of the human condition.