User Tag List

Thread: Jim Carrey's Best Impression EVARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!

5w4 sx/sp
    LII Ni

Default Jim Carrey's Best Impression EVARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would not have known who this person is if they had not told us. And I'm still not sure I believe it

"I absorb energy like a sponge everywhere I go. It allows me to see the world and my purpose in it." Zak Bagans, Ghost Adventures (INFJ)

.~ *aĉa virino* ~. Array Totenkindly's Avatar
    549 sx/sp
    LII Ni

Yeah, I think I agree with you. Usually with Carrey he goes so over the top and isn't quite believable, even while being very funny; but here he managed to submerge his desire to be noticed and played it so straight (and for the entire ceremony, not just when he was on stage) that no one really recognized him, even his friends.

The costuming was also great -- his height of course isn't maskable, and if you know it's him you can recognize his actual face, but the hair and the extra padding in his costume really change his body shape so it doesn't resemble him. And he had the speech and mannerisms so effectively that it comes off believable versus a pure caricature.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft
    Likes Mal12345 liked this post

I saw it live, years ago. I have no idea what you people are going on about. It was so obviously Jim.
    When all else fails, claim it's rigged.

failure to thrive Array AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    451 sx/so
    ENFj Ni

me so easily amused.
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39