User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

Default Avengers 2: Age of Ultron

Oh, James Spader...how awesome you are...

"The man who is swimming against the stream knows the strength of it."
    ― Woodrow Wilson
    Likes gromit, BadOctopus liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

He just keeps getting better and better.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Love James Spader, always did. He's even cooler now that he's not a pretty boy.

The trailer doesn't clarify much, but I think it's great they are actually focusing on Ultron. It likely will tie into the "Civil Wars" movie they plan to make down the road.

I like Whedon in that he's great at merging humor and drama while still having a forward-moving plot, and he's also good at teasing out the humanity within particular characters and storylines that might be overlooked by other directors in that genre.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I just saw the trailer on large IMAX screen.
    Made my skin crawl and a bit teary cuz I was freaked out (in the good way).

They should at least pay the trailer guys a hefty bit for that piece of advertising, even if the movie sucks.

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft
    Likes tinker683 liked this post

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Two months until the Avengers 2 hits the theaters.

For people without much comics background (or even if you do), I found this ranking of Avengers members interesting, if not also just a walk down memory lane. (I know most of them.)

Every Member Of The Avengers, Ranked

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Just finished watching it.

Enjoyed it. Bit tired at the moment for anything in-depth but I notice a fair few people criticising Ultron's portrayal. I liked it, it wasn't what was expected, which is exactly what I like to see.

Ultron is strangely flippant, if I were to choose a personality trait that stands out, but flippancy with a genocidal edge to it. But that fits with how he is influenced by Stark's personality.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.
    Likes Totenkindly liked this post

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

It's not out here until next week, so I saw a matinee of Ex Machina instead. Great movie, very small cast; reminded me of Under the Skin in some ways, probably the opposite of A2 in terms of action and scope.

Anyway, looking forward to A2 releasing here.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

It liked it but was also a bit disappointed. It might be because of 3D glasses, I hate those things, they bother me take me out of the experience. But still, there isn't enough time to flesh out the story properly when you have a cast this big. Whedon does a decent job and there's some truly awesome fight sequences. I expect the film work better the second time around.
    "The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd."
    - Bernard Russell

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    2w5 sx

Hm I could never sit through Avengers 1. I'd watch the first 15 minutes and get bored. But if 2 is coming out, guess its time to get back to the basics.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so

Okay movie... but very forgettable. I already forgot how it ends... or maybe I fell asleep I don't remember. Either way the movie was more like an episode of the Avengers TV show they have for kids than a top-production movie. I guess it just didn't seem like any of it mattered by the end of the movie. Oh and Whedon... what's with reverting all the female characters back to stereotypical love-interests and variations of damsels in distress? Seriously what the crap?
    Likes chubber liked this post