User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Gamergate: A Scandal Erupts in the Video-Game Community

7w8 sx/sp

I found the link within that article by 8 year NFL veteran and 26 year gamer, Chris Kluwe, speaking out against gamergate people to be far more my style:

These paint-huffing shitgoblins think they’re “gamers,” and it pisses me the fuck off.
    You slopebrowed weaseldicks with zero reading comprehension and even less critical thinking skills who think an article claiming “Gamers are dead” is something bad? Fuck me sideways with a sandblaster.
    Every time I see one of you slackjawed pickletits link me something like “I’m a moderate #Gamergate’r,” or “#Gamergate in sixty seconds YOUTUBE CLIP,” or “Here’s an anecdotal story from this one woman we found that completely negates an entire history of misogyny and abuse of women, not just in videogaming but in the entirety of human existence so support the REAL GAMERS,” it pisses me the fuck off because you are ruining something I enjoy.
    When people — everyday people who watch the coverage on CNN of Anita Sarkeesian having to cancel a speaking engagement due to death threats — think of “gamers,” they are going to think of you, and that irritates me. It enrages me. I want to punch down a wall, and I like my walls. They’re nicely painted.
    I've had this ice cream bar, since I was a child!

Each thought's completely warped
    I'm like a walkin', talkin', ouija board.
    Likes Ivy liked this post

Senior Member Array

For anyone interested in getting the other side of the story, there's the first page of this monolithic thread: The Escapist : Forums : Religion and Politics : GamerGate Discussion, Debate, and Resources.

I lean toward supporting gamergate, albeit not without reservations; these two articles, and the 'agree with us or you're a misogynistic shitlord who is worse than ISIS' rhetoric among many of its opponents are essentially why:

#GamerGate: Destructoid, Corruption And Ruined Careers | One Angry Gamer

Also, in response to all of the 'gamergate is a misogynistic hate movement dedicated to harassing women and driving them out of the industry' nonsense: #GamerGate Is Not A Hate Group, It's A Consumer Movement - Forbes