• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Blacklist

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If you're not watching this show, I will pray for you (or maybe you have better shit to do, but it's great).

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
My ENFJ watches this however, his TV choices are usually very suspect so it took me awhile to watch this. Yes, it's really good.

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My ENFJ watches this however, his TV choices are usually very suspect so it took me awhile to watch this. Yes, it's really good.

The stories aren't really believable, but the show has believability, and in some cases, very accurate about certain crime syndicates, and other countries' agencies, such as Israel's CIA, Mossad. I've learned a few things about the most notorious Russian mafia group, Bratva, and the Yakuza in Japan. And I continue to be engrossed in the mystery of "who IS Raymond Reddington??"

Plus each show has it's own story arc and ending, with the overarching story of Reddington and Keen's past.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'll give it a shot

PocketFullOf

literally your mother
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
pot
I like it a lot I wonder if anyone can type the characters well...

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I like it a lot I wonder if anyone can type the characters well...

Good question. I suck at it but may take a stab later. I think people on the webz think Raymond is either INTJ or ENTJ. Seems "E" to me. Very focused on external shit, and likes to talk a lot. I love his "remember when" stories. "I remember when I was in Ibiza, haggling for a hellfire missile with a Mossad agent, there was this lovely little coconut stand...."

PocketFullOf

literally your mother
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
pot
Good question. I suck at it but may take a stab later. I think people on the webz think Raymond is either INTJ or ENTJ. Seems "E" to me. Very focused on external shit, and likes to talk a lot. I love his "remember when" stories. "I remember when I was in Ibiza, haggling for a hellfire missile with a Mossad agent, there was this lovely little coconut stand...."
Raymond is definitely ENTJ that's the only one I can type. I don't understand how he can be an I.

small.wonder

So she did.
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Huh. When I watched the video in the OP, I thought it felt like Person of Interest somewhat. Then I read up a bit more, it's sounds interesting (and I'm not a huge TV person)! For anyone who hasn't watched it (me!), I think this video outlines the show concept a little better than the above.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This is a pretty good show. Good tip, [MENTION=20955]johnnyyukon[/MENTION] !

Finishing the pilot atm

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This is a pretty good show. Good tip, [MENTION=20955]johnnyyukon[/MENTION] !

Finishing the pilot atm

Oh yeah! Hope you enjoy, let us know your thoughts if you're utterly bored.

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Huh. When I watched the video in the OP, I thought it felt like Person of Interest somewhat. Then I read up a bit more, it's sounds interesting (and I'm not a huge TV person)! For anyone who hasn't watched it (me!), I think this video outlines the show concept a little better than the above.

Video not linking, but think I found a better overview of the show.

The video in the first post, I just thought it was VERY well done. It basically shows the extreme heightened sense of awareness that happens when adrenaline starts pumping into your bloodstream. Realistic depiction. And the tension it sets up, you know something bad is probably about to happen.

Thoughts about "who is Raymond Reddington?":

Last edited:

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Thoughts about "who is Raymond Reddington?":

It would just be a letdown for me, I think, if he ended up NOT being her father. Though if that's the case, I have faith the writers will make it up to me.

I question your ability to discuss the serie without giving spoilers, lol, so I'll probably binge watch everything available first

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I question your ability to discuss the serie without giving spoilers, lol, so I'll probably binge watch everything available first

Oh shit! I thought I spoilered that! My bad, haha. I will now and in the future.

Come back!

He's definitely a stone cold playa, or was back in the day.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Oh shit! I thought I spoilered that! My bad, haha. I will now and in the future.

Come back!

He's definitely a stone cold playa, or was back in the day.
Heh, it happens.

What episode are you at?

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Looks 24-ish. Ehhh.

I haven't seen 24, but well, I've seen like 5 minutes and have a pretty good idea of the premise. Based on that, I think you're right, but I'm pretty picky about shows and I really like this one. Though I may like 24.

Like each episode they have to focus on some deadly terrorist of all kinds, or some crazy hitman mercenary type with no ties to national pride, or political idealism, just money.

Like the last guy was a hippy that thought he should exterminate the human species by reintroducing a strain of the Plague with no cure.

Far fetched, but it's the characters and overarching story/mystery that make it good. And sure, it has action/thriller movie, edge of your seat suspense that isn't necessarily believable. But I suspend it.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Just watched the pilot last night.

I didn't really like the first ten minutes, and when the lead girl admitted to her superiors that she was a "bitch," I almost turned it off because she seemed more like a wet floppy noodle at that point (great, another wannabe female hardass who is anything but, and she's also very pretty... such contrivance)... but I stuck it out and suddenly things got a lot better. She actually DID get far tougher/colder/bitchy in the detached way, and the story got more interesting.

Dramatically, yeah, it did remind me of Person of Interest, somewhere between a procedural and an action-drama, with a pretty even tone (unlike Lost, which had huge dramatic rises and falls). Like Johnny says, I'm not sure if it's "believable" so far, but the actual events seems interesting. Even the fight on the bridge (which I saw coming) seemed pretty ruthless for a regular TV show, and then of course there's a nice little cliffhanger in regards to her hubby.

IOW, I'll give this a shot. Plus, James Spader is just good regardless... although my mental image will always be the young kid with all the hair and smooth features and attitude (although I guess bald is better than the Annette Benning haircut). I recognize his eyes here, and the voice; it's just funny seeing how we all age.