First 123

Thread: The Blacklist

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Just watched the pilot last night.

I didn't really like the first ten minutes, and when the lead girl admitted to her superiors that she was a "bitch," I almost turned it off because she seemed more like a wet floppy noodle at that point (great, another wannabe female hardass who is anything but, and she's also very pretty... such contrivance)... but I stuck it out and suddenly things got a lot better. She actually DID get far tougher/colder/bitchy in the detached way, and the story got more interesting.

Dramatically, yeah, it did remind me of Person of Interest, somewhere between a procedural and an action-drama, with a pretty even tone (unlike Lost, which had huge dramatic rises and falls). Like Johnny says, I'm not sure if it's "believable" so far, but the actual events seems interesting. Even the fight on the bridge (which I saw coming) seemed pretty ruthless for a regular TV show, and then of course there's a nice little cliffhanger in regards to her hubby.

IOW, I'll give this a shot. Plus, James Spader is just good regardless... although my mental image will always be the young kid with all the hair and smooth features and attitude (although I guess bald is better than the Annette Benning haircut). I recognize his eyes here, and the voice; it's just funny seeing how we all age.
    Yayyyy!!!!

yeah the pilot wasn't off to a good start for me. I normally am not attracted to "action" TV shows like CSI or whatever, but this one seemed unique and while it has overblown stories (intentionally) it has enough depth for my attention.

I appreciate shows that are hyper realistic AND they more or less claim to be. Once the characters grow on you, it gets even better. And like a few other shows, some of the minor characters are explored more in depth with surprisingly good results.
    I've had this ice cream bar, since I was a child!

Each thought's completely warped
    I'm like a walkin', talkin', ouija board.
    Likes Totenkindly liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Ohhhh man. I confess, I'm kind of addicted to The Blacklist. It's got its weaknesses, but it's worth watching solely because of James Spader. That guy is mesmerizing, especially as Reddington. Have you noticed the way his head NEVER stops moving when he's talking? Sometimes it can be quite distracting, but it definitely makes his character stand out. Come to think of it, there should be a Blacklist drinking game. One shot for every time Red turns his head on his side, or responds to a question with a ridiculous anecdote. You'd be plastered within five minutes.
    Likes Totenkindly liked this post

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by BadOctopus View Post
    Ohhhh man. I confess, I'm kind of addicted to The Blacklist. It's got its weaknesses, but it's worth watching solely because of James Spader. That guy is mesmerizing, especially as Reddington. Have you noticed the way his head NEVER stops moving when he's talking? Sometimes it can be quite distracting, but it definitely makes his character stand out. Come to think of it, there should be a Blacklist drinking game. One shot for every time Red turns his head on his side, or responds to a question with a ridiculous anecdote. You'd be plastered within five minutes.
    Sounds like a plan. Episode 2 tonight. Bwa ha haha. I'd drink my bottle of Fireball Whiskey but I heard they put antifreeze in it; I don't know if that's true.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Sounds like a plan. Episode 2 tonight. Bwa ha haha. I'd drink my bottle of Fireball Whiskey but I heard they put antifreeze in it; I don't know if that's true.
    Probably. Adds that extra kick. Actually there isn't much of a kick, that's why it's so dangerous, crazy time wise.
    I've had this ice cream bar, since I was a child!

Each thought's completely warped
    I'm like a walkin', talkin', ouija board.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

This show is getting so damned frustrating. Every new "revelation" just leads to more questions. And every frigging episode ends on a cliffhanger. I wish I could stop watching it, but I have to know what happens. I hope the writers aren't just pulling a LOST thing and making it up as they go.

Also, I just have to say I find it a bit ridiculous that almost every target on the blacklist goes by a one-word alias. On practically every episode, Reddington is like, "No one knows his real name. His associates call him the Stewmaker/the Alchemist/the Judge." What are they, Batman villains?