• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Roller coasters...

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I was wondering if anyone here was interested in roller coasters. I'm a part-time roller coaster buff.

I love roller coasters. Although I do not get motion sickness and I'm willing to ride practically any coaster, I am more interested in them as works of art. Very simply, I think roller coasters are among the most beautiful architectural accomplishments of man.

At certain points in my life, I considered being a roller coaster designer, but unfortunately, I have poor math skills.

However, I occasionally like to make my own designs with No Limits, a roller coaster simulator, I've got a few videos posted on YouTube under my other alias, vfx fan, in case anyone's interested.

Tell me what you think.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
And here is a site with designs on hold, abandoned, or completed.

Again, tell me what you think...

rivercrow

shoshaku jushaku
MBTI Type
type
Where I am at the moment, there is a nice white-painted roller coaster that is very pleasant to look at. Before the Pavilion was demolished last year, I had ridden the wooden Hurricane a number of times.

You should get Logan235711 to post pictures of the Tulsa State Fairgounds' wooden roller coaster. He's only a few hours from it.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ah yes, the Hurricane. Torn down because now Myrtle Beach is going to be home to the Hard Rock Park -- complete with their premiere coaster, Led Zeppelin -- The Ride.

CCI (Custom Coasters International) designed the Hurricane. They also designed this coaster at Geauga Lake (formerly Six Flags Ohio before Cedar Fair bought it) about a half-hour drive from where I'm at, which is a "dogleg double out-and-back" as we call it in the coaster enthusiast community because of its curved shape and relatively simple design that goes from point A to point B and repeats the basic maneuver twice, hence "double."

Lark

I absolutely love roller coasters, I've been on a lot of them but there are ones I wont go on, I'll size up what the g-forces are like, the twists turns and what sorts of thrills are to be expected, like sudden drops or straight down drops. If its not going to be fun or its something I specifically dislike then I'll not do it.

I think they are better than a lot of other turning, throwing, spinning g-rides, although I did a lot of ones in the Port Aventura universal studios site and found that the animation and special effects one where more fun than the dragon kan (spelling) which had the most twists and turns, it was bad if you didnt have your head back in the rest properly.

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
I love roller coasters since I was little! My parents got me a year membership to the Efteling (Dutch amusement park) every year from when I was 4 until I was 11. I always kept staring at the Python (a roller coaster for people over 1.20 meters) when I was little and I could wait until I was big enough to get in it. I believe that happened when I was 6. I already got into other roller coasters where everyone could get in. I must say they're addicting. I know it sounds strange, but they calm me down, just like sitting in a car that's riding on a high speed.

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I was scared of roller coasters until middle school. I couldn't get enough of them since then. I tend to like the inverted roller coasters the best. The twists and the turnings.

Lark

I do have to say that I appreciate them besides going on them too, I like to see how they operate and some of them are just too frightening to go on.

Malice

Boldly Gone
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2W3
I'm not big on roller coasters, partially because they scare me, partially for medical reasons. [I can't go on the ones that go upside down, lol.]

But I have been on some of the more tame ones, The Mighty Canadian Minebuster & Thunder Run which were all right I guess. The Minebuster was scary in the sense that it was so rickety and it felt like it was sure to fall apart at some point during the ride :laugh:

I dunno guys, :) just not my thing I guess.

angelhair45

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I love roller coasters! I love riding in them, and I was once fascinated with the idea of making one myself. I saw a documentary on roller coasters as a kid, so it kindled an interest.