• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

ARGHHHH! Fallout: New Vegas

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Haha. I tried to play it as the bad guy once, even triggered the bomb to go off, went to live in the big tower until I killed everyone there too.... it was fun but so not me. In open ended RPGs, I usually am a pretty good guy first and try to play a bad guy on the replay but it is a real struggle.... my innate good nature sides through.... I couldn't even do much in GTA or Hitman games because they are too far from my nature.....

I usually naturally gravitate toward helping the "good" factions in RPGs, with a bit of smart-assery when speech options permit. At the worst, I've played as neutral, solely looking out for the good of myself. Being evil is a challenge.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My PS3 stopped playing games. It broked.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have an xbox 360 that I've been using for netflix, so I've commandeered it for use with Fallout: New Vegas. This means starting all over again with Sunny Smiles shooting bottles for target practice.

This game is going a lot better this time around. I've finished earlier quests I had never finished since I bought the game in 2011. I now have two useful companions, including some researcher named Gannon that I never heard of before. In the beginning I would just let my companions get killed and then move on without them, not realizing how incredibly valuable they are. Now I would even revert back to level 1 to bring back a companion if I had to.

I store excess equipment with my companions instead of doing the stupid thing of throwing good shit away to avoid encumbrance. I've focused on upgrading only the more important elements of my character, such as Speech, Barter, and Science. I've lately used Mentats more effectively in order to temporarily boost my character's intelligence level when it's needed. (I always appreciated the borrowing of the term "mentat" from one of my favorite sci-fi novels of all time, Dune.) I also need to learn how to intelligently use certain other chems, such as "absinthe" which temporarily improves Charisma.

I've stopped stupidly locking myself out of computer terminals due to guessing wrong 4 times on the password. It's possible to hack a locked computer without a password but in the past I've never managed to. I've known for years how to avoid locking out a terminal but I was obstinate and thought I could always crack the password.

Cazadores and Deathclaws used to menace me terribly. I had never defeated a Deathclaw in battle during all my years of game play until today. Of course I had help. They weren't straight years of playing: in four years of owning this game I've taken one straight year off from the game on two occasions, and there were some playing gaps a few months at a time.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I acquired a mini-nuke to launch from my Fat Man, but I've lost the Fat Man somewhere. I was going to use it to destroy a bunch of feral robots, but it's not in my personal arsenal and my companions aren't carrying it. I may have given it to Gannon to hold on to, but then he disappeared and took everything with him. Thief!

Evee

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
*Has never joined caesar's legion CREW*
*Always plays as female CREW*

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
*Has never joined caesar's legion CREW*
*Always plays as female CREW*

Does your game lock up randomly? Mine does on both PS3 and Xbox 360. I've just switched over to the Xbox. It didn't lock up at first. I've tried clearing the cache.

Evee

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Does your game lock up randomly? Mine does on both PS3 and Xbox 360. I've just switched over to the Xbox. It didn't lock up at first. I've tried clearing the cache.

Yes, I play on xbox and it has always frozen randomly. Sometimes I will go for a while without it freezing which is nice, and other times it will freeze constantly. It's very frustrating.

I haven't figured out a way to fix it and it sucks because it kind of takes the fun out of it and makes it hard to fully immerse myself because I'm always thinking about whether or not my game is going to crash on me.

Have you played fallout 3? That game isn't as bad in that regard in my experience.

Luke O

Super Ape
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Completed Fallout New Vegas with all 4 endings.

I LOVE the music for both New Vegas and Fallout 3, sadly I have nothing I'll be able to play Fallout 4 on but I'm sure someone will do a compilations of tracks on Youtube.

And for New Vegas I ALWAYS choose Wild Wasteland mode.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
Haha. I tried to play it as the bad guy once, even triggered the bomb to go off, went to live in the big tower until I killed everyone there too.... it was fun but so not me. In open ended RPGs, I usually am a pretty good guy first and try to play a bad guy on the replay but it is a real struggle.... my innate good nature sides through.... I couldn't even do much in GTA or Hitman games because they are too far from my nature.....

I just started a new Fallout 3 file with the goal of being an evil bitch. I just got the dream crusher perk as a reward for dissuading Moira from publishing her stupid little survival zine. Muahhaha

Aww whut? Isn't the exploration of your own lack of morality when divorced from consequence the best part about those kinds of games?

I tried to fuck everything up as much as possible and still come out on top. Like blowing the bomb but also letting the ghouls into the tower...then killing the lead ghoul after I got the mask on principal. The principal of....cause fuck yah!

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Aww whut? Isn't the exploration of your own lack of morality when divorced from consequence the best part about those kinds of games?

I tried to fuck everything up as much as possible and still come out on top. Like blowing the bomb but also letting the ghouls into the tower...then killing the lead ghoul after I got the mask on principal. The principal of....cause fuck yah!

Again, I have tried to be the bad guy..... yet I have been a good guy or at least a Mad Max type guy, in every RPG I have ever played successfully...I fail to move forward if I try being a bad guy.....

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
Again, I have tried to be the bad guy..... yet I have been a good guy or at least a Mad Max type guy, in every RPG I have ever played successfully...I fail to move forward if I try being a bad guy.....

Interesting. Personally I can go either way (and do what you will with that proclamation) and it always feels more like I'm chewing on the different spectrums for my own amusement.

I think it's interesting that you experience a block with regards to 'good' not being fulfilled. Or maybe I'm a closet amoralist.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes, I play on xbox and it has always frozen randomly. Sometimes I will go for a while without it freezing which is nice, and other times it will freeze constantly. It's very frustrating.

I haven't figured out a way to fix it and it sucks because it kind of takes the fun out of it and makes it hard to fully immerse myself because I'm always thinking about whether or not my game is going to crash on me.

Have you played fallout 3? That game isn't as bad in that regard in my experience.

I've played Fallout 3 on PS3. I found that it's actually a superior game to New Vegas in certain ways. I don't remember exactly how because it's been a while since I've played it.

Evee

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've played Fallout 3 on PS3. I found that it's actually a superior game to New Vegas in certain ways. I don't remember exactly how because it's been a while since I've played it.

I like the storyline better and the art is a little darker, and the feel I find is more mature. The only (minor) downside is lack of iron sights and hardcore mode and weapon mods.

The game world feels smaller in New Vegas too but I don't think it actually is.

I love both games dearly though!

Evee

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh I want one. One with armour.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I like the storyline better and the art is a little darker, and the feel I find is more mature. The only (minor) downside is lack of iron sights and hardcore mode and weapon mods.

The game world feels smaller in New Vegas too but I don't think it actually is.

I love both games dearly though!

The people in Fallout 3 have a wider variety of commentary to select from and it is more specific to the context. They will comment on what I'm doing and where I'm going. In New Vegas they state a lot of canned stuff about what's happening with the NCR and things happening in general.

Edit - maybe that's not exactly the difference between the two, but my PS3 is broken so I can't check.