User Tag List

First 3456 Last

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

I feel bad about having to kill off the Brotherhood of Steel. Their leader is an INTJ with a very cool-headed and intellectual mentality about him. They survive in bunkers with little contact with the outside world. Many of the inhabitants have never been outside the cold steel walls of the bunker. I gained their trust and now I have to destroy them in order to please Mr. House.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

I'd like to play this, except I would rather use real money.
    The Bethesda Store - MONOPOLY: Fallout Collector’s Edition - Fallout - Brands

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    I feel bad about having to kill off the Brotherhood of Steel. Their leader is an INTJ with a very cool-headed and intellectual mentality about him. They survive in bunkers with little contact with the outside world. Many of the inhabitants have never been outside the cold steel walls of the bunker. I gained their trust and now I have to destroy them in order to please Mr. House.
    I don't like destroying the brotherhood either but I don't really like McNamara. I always sympathize with Veronica (who is my favorite character in the game).

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Evee View Post
    I don't like destroying the brotherhood either but I don't really like McNamara. I always sympathize with Veronica (who is my favorite character in the game).
    I don't mind McNamara. He's just very religious in his own secretive, cult-like way. They aren't hurting anybody. Mr. House says the Brotherhood's problem is thinking they own all pre-war technology. Is that a crime? If not, then how are they standing in the way of his goals?

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

I beat this game today by playing along with Mr. House. I've been going back in time to play other quests, acquire a Fat Man, and do whatever other things come up. I'd also like to kill Mr. House again (for about the 3rd time I think) and play along with the Yes Man.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    I beat this game today by playing along with Mr. House. I've been going back in time to play other quests, acquire a Fat Man, and do whatever other things come up. I'd also like to kill Mr. House again (for about the 3rd time I think) and play along with the Yes Man.
    I like Yes Man.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Evee View Post
    I like Yes Man.
    Unfortunately you went and got yourself permbanned, probably because you aren't anything like Yes Man.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Sierra Madre - The Fallout wiki - Fallout 4 and more - Wikia

The Sierra Madre (Dead Money) add on is turning out to be more formidable than I expected even with my increased personal gaming powers. (I sometimes feel like I must have taken some Mentats during the last year some time.) I noticed one poor crybaby online was whining because the hologram security guards in that add on can't be killed. Well too fucking bad, they can be avoided easily enough. I played many games back in the day (Metroid comes to mind at the moment) where it was impossible to kill some enemies so the game forced us to duck and dodge them. It was just part of the game. If you can't figure out to duck and dodge the holographic security guards then you should stop playing this game and find something easier for you to grasp. I mean, there are plenty of open rooms to duck into and the doors even close, preventing the guard from entering. Once the guard passes by, you exit the room and sprint for the end of the hallway where the guard can't catch you. It's easy to see when the guard has passed by because of the little red bar on your screen which depicts an opponent in the game and its movements.

Yes, I realize I'm giving advice to some whiner who probably posted his online complaint years ago.

Toward the end of the Sierra Madre add on, after dealing with Dean Domino, there is a very difficult quest which involves fighting a lot of tough enemies and sprinting through poisonous fog which kills your guy very quickly.

By the way, the quickest way to deal with Dean Domino at the end of the "Strike up the Band" quest is to threaten to break his legs and leave him there helpless. (He will say, "You wouldn't dare do that! Yes, yes you would. I would.") He will then give up very quickly and will do whatever you say. Otherwise, he'll out-talk you and you'll be forced to compromise, which will cost you playing time.

After Dean Domino ("Strike up the Band") comes that very difficult level with masses of tough enemies and poisonous fog vapor that kills you quickly. I've been beating my head against that wall all day long. Because after weaving through the fog, which is unavoidable, my character is left with only a few life bars and a lot of enemies on the course ahead.

So I took a break from the game and let my Mentats kick in. I then realized my mistake, although the answer could not have been predicted.

The answer is to retain Dean Domino because, as a companion, he has the ability to neutralize the poisonous fog for a short time, and is very good at killing. So now that I learned where I have to go after failing so many times, I will jump back a couple memory slots and reacquire Dean Domino. Then instead of finishing the quest I will use him to clear out enemies for the quest to come. Then I will finish the quest with Dean Domino, after which I will only have the poisonous fog to deal with.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

This plan probably won't work. Because in order to move to the next area of the game for the next quest it is necessary to finish the previous quest, which means giving up Dean Domino. In that case I'll probably have to go back farther in the game and retain one of the other two companions. If that doesn't work, then I'll give up.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

The plan worked like a charm. But in the long run I still had to give up my companion in order to finish the quest. Now I have a bazillion tough baddies to fight through. That's not fair.