User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by SearchingforPeace View Post
    Haha. I tried to play it as the bad guy once, even triggered the bomb to go off, went to live in the big tower until I killed everyone there too.... it was fun but so not me. In open ended RPGs, I usually am a pretty good guy first and try to play a bad guy on the replay but it is a real struggle.... my innate good nature sides through.... I couldn't even do much in GTA or Hitman games because they are too far from my nature.....
    I usually naturally gravitate toward helping the "good" factions in RPGs, with a bit of smart-assery when speech options permit. At the worst, I've played as neutral, solely looking out for the good of myself. Being evil is a challenge.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

My PS3 stopped playing games. It broked.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

I have an xbox 360 that I've been using for netflix, so I've commandeered it for use with Fallout: New Vegas. This means starting all over again with Sunny Smiles shooting bottles for target practice.

This game is going a lot better this time around. I've finished earlier quests I had never finished since I bought the game in 2011. I now have two useful companions, including some researcher named Gannon that I never heard of before. In the beginning I would just let my companions get killed and then move on without them, not realizing how incredibly valuable they are. Now I would even revert back to level 1 to bring back a companion if I had to.

I store excess equipment with my companions instead of doing the stupid thing of throwing good shit away to avoid encumbrance. I've focused on upgrading only the more important elements of my character, such as Speech, Barter, and Science. I've lately used Mentats more effectively in order to temporarily boost my character's intelligence level when it's needed. (I always appreciated the borrowing of the term "mentat" from one of my favorite sci-fi novels of all time, Dune.) I also need to learn how to intelligently use certain other chems, such as "absinthe" which temporarily improves Charisma.

I've stopped stupidly locking myself out of computer terminals due to guessing wrong 4 times on the password. It's possible to hack a locked computer without a password but in the past I've never managed to. I've known for years how to avoid locking out a terminal but I was obstinate and thought I could always crack the password.

Cazadores and Deathclaws used to menace me terribly. I had never defeated a Deathclaw in battle during all my years of game play until today. Of course I had help. They weren't straight years of playing: in four years of owning this game I've taken one straight year off from the game on two occasions, and there were some playing gaps a few months at a time.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

I've finally acquired a Fat Man.
    Fat Man - The Fallout wiki - Fallout: New Vegas and more - Wikia

Don't worry, it has no nukes, yet.
    Last edited by Mal12345; 10-24-2015 at 07:12 PM.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

I acquired a mini-nuke to launch from my Fat Man, but I've lost the Fat Man somewhere. I was going to use it to destroy a bunch of feral robots, but it's not in my personal arsenal and my companions aren't carrying it. I may have given it to Gannon to hold on to, but then he disappeared and took everything with him. Thief!

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

*Has never joined caesar's legion CREW*
    *Always plays as female CREW*

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Evee View Post
    *Has never joined caesar's legion CREW*
    *Always plays as female CREW*
    Does your game lock up randomly? Mine does on both PS3 and Xbox 360. I've just switched over to the Xbox. It didn't lock up at first. I've tried clearing the cache.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    Does your game lock up randomly? Mine does on both PS3 and Xbox 360. I've just switched over to the Xbox. It didn't lock up at first. I've tried clearing the cache.
    Yes, I play on xbox and it has always frozen randomly. Sometimes I will go for a while without it freezing which is nice, and other times it will freeze constantly. It's very frustrating.

I haven't figured out a way to fix it and it sucks because it kind of takes the fun out of it and makes it hard to fully immerse myself because I'm always thinking about whether or not my game is going to crash on me.

Have you played fallout 3? That game isn't as bad in that regard in my experience.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Completed Fallout New Vegas with all 4 endings.

I LOVE the music for both New Vegas and Fallout 3, sadly I have nothing I'll be able to play Fallout 4 on but I'm sure someone will do a compilations of tracks on Youtube.

And for New Vegas I ALWAYS choose Wild Wasteland mode.

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SearchingforPeace View Post
    Haha. I tried to play it as the bad guy once, even triggered the bomb to go off, went to live in the big tower until I killed everyone there too.... it was fun but so not me. In open ended RPGs, I usually am a pretty good guy first and try to play a bad guy on the replay but it is a real struggle.... my innate good nature sides through.... I couldn't even do much in GTA or Hitman games because they are too far from my nature.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Starcrash View Post
    I just started a new Fallout 3 file with the goal of being an evil bitch. I just got the dream crusher perk as a reward for dissuading Moira from publishing her stupid little survival zine. Muahhaha
    Aww whut? Isn't the exploration of your own lack of morality when divorced from consequence the best part about those kinds of games?

I tried to fuck everything up as much as possible and still come out on top. Like blowing the bomb but also letting the ghouls into the tower...then killing the lead ghoul after I got the mask on principal. The principal of....cause fuck yah!
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.
    Likes Evee liked this post